PDA

View Full Version : TruCAM -- Can it be Jammed???

snoopy316
05-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Hey Guys,

So.. Ive been putting off the purchase of a Laser Jammer until about Thursday morning when I learned that my town just purchased the TruCAM laser gun. My V1 has saved me countless times in town.. Now, that will more than likely change.

Has anyone come across one of these laser guns yet???

Below is a clip from the article in my local news paper:

It was a cold and dreary tuesday afternoon and cheshire Police Officer Bob anderson was standing at the entrance of cheshire Park monitoring the traffic flying by on highland avenue. In his hand was a speed gun, but this wasn't just any ordinary speed enforcement device. Anderson was holding a new laser speed enforcement gun with custom features that make it the first of its kind for a police department in New england.

looking through the sight, Anderson targeted a vehicle traveling northbound. a pull on the trigger and a few beeps later he saw that the vehicle was traveling 46 miles per hour. he didn't give out a traffic ticket or warning, however, as he was simply test- ing the equipment, which worked perfectly in the rain. the department recently acquired the $5,500 laser speed enforcement device, called TruCAM, which can track speed, distance between vehicles, as well as store photos and videos of infractions.

Pichnarcik explained that roughly 50 percent of the accident calls received by the department are the result of vehicles traveling too fast or following to closely. these are considered aggressive driving accidents and, with the trucaM, Pichnarcik hopes they can be reduced.

The trucaM unit the cheshire Police department has is a fraction of the weight, and included a shoulder mount to take some of the pressure off the arms. the unit almost instantly reports the speed of a driver and can track the distance between two vehicles. it also has custom settings to track speeds in rain and snow and can even track vehicle speed from the front or back. images and videos are stored on the device and can be transferred to a computer within the traffic division.

Wannago
05-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Looks like it handles the TruCam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATj49V6nXM4

upstatedoc
05-21-2011, 11:39 AM
the department recently acquired the $5,500 laser speed enforcement device, called TruCAM,

wow, 4 grand to add a camera to a truspeed.

Woodscolby
05-21-2011, 11:41 AM
the department recently acquired the $5,500 laser speed enforcement device, called TruCAM,

wow, 4 grand to add a camera to a truspeed.
It's a 4000 dollar camera that doesn't even have an autofocus. And yes they have them around me even though they aren't legal to use in the state. The people who get tickets from them have no idea about that though.

As was said, it's just a Truspeed which is easy to jam with a properly mounted jammer.

kpatz
05-21-2011, 11:52 AM
I think it's a VPR Truspeed that's used in the TruCAM but as mentioned the LI has been jamming it (almost) forever.

Laser-InterceptorUSA
05-21-2011, 11:54 AM
I think it's a VPR Truspeed that's used in the TruCAM but as mentioned the LI has been jamming it (almost) forever.

Correct on both counts. The Gen. 7 LI was the 1st TC Enabled LI and the TC does indeed use the EU VPR.

Cliff

Idontgo55
05-26-2011, 04:04 PM
It's pretty much a tru speed but cost 5,995 $ >>>is what Laser tech told me which no jammer has a problem with

My low end zr3's JTG a truspeed

SaltyinNJ
05-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Will it record even if it can't acquire a speed?

Idontgo55
05-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Will it record even if it can't acquire a speed?

You jamming it? I'm pretty sure it starts to record when they try and get a speed that would make sense But I never touched one my guess is yes

radarrob
05-27-2011, 03:29 AM
once you pull the trigger say cheese.becarefull

KaPro
05-27-2011, 05:37 AM
^^^Yeah and nobody knows more about cheese than you do. lol :)