PDA

View Full Version : Real world jamming scenarios: The right decisions

Event Horizon
06-27-2011, 10:12 PM
I was wondering if we can make a thread to gather information about certain real world LIDAR scenarios and what the best decisions of reaction are.

For example, Scenario 1:

You are coming up around a bend, obviously going some good 15-20 above PSL, and in a sudden you are ambushed by a LIDAR trap and you are shot from 200-300 FT. Your jammers start jamming. What do you do next?

A) Start slowing gradually (lightly brake) and JTG. Make sure you are at PSL by the time LEO has a chance to shoot you in the rear, if you don't have rear jammers.
Reasoning for A: There's no way to slow to PSL and JTK inconspicuously. By the time you do this, you would be right at the LEO.
B) Nosedive to PSL, JTK. Let him get a reading even at 50-100ft.
Reasoning for B: You would still make it obvious (like choice A) that you have an anti-laser device, but it would be better if he gets a reading.
C) JTFG - the hell with it! (rear jammers needed)

D) Nosedive and cut your +PSL in half, and kill the jammers within 2-3 second. Pray the LEO wont' stop you for 10 over.

E) Other: please specify

06-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I have done A,b, and D. Most cops wont pull you over for 5-8 around my area so your shot at 300 feet, take 200 to slow down and let him get your speed, easier written then done. I would try to slow down gradually and leave enough time for him to get a reading on the front of the car (20-50ft), a full jam on the front and a clear reading on the rear would seem a little suspicious. (im a va driver)

Event Horizon
06-27-2011, 10:46 PM
I have done A,b, and D. Most cops wont pull you over for 5-8 around my area so your shot at 300 feet, take 200 to slow down and let him get your speed, easier written then done. I would try to slow down gradually and leave enough time for him to get a reading on the front of the car (20-50ft), a full jam on the front and a clear reading on the rear would seem a little suspicious. (im a va driver)

Hmm.. so what was the outcome? I assume pretty good?

pilot_corey
06-28-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't see why or how they could pull you over for braking hard. If they can't get a speed, they can't get a speed. IMO its better to JTK in most situations. I have read a bunch of stuff online, and cops are getting real familiar with jammers and people that JTG. Its only a matter of time before it gets to the point where they shoot from the rear or jammers become illegal in more states.

PMoth
06-28-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't see why or how they could pull you over for braking hard. If they can't get a speed, they can't get a speed. IMO its better to JTK in most situations. I have read a bunch of stuff online, and cops are getting real familiar with jammers and people that JTG. Its only a matter of time before it gets to the point where they shoot from the rear or jammers become illegal in more states.

If a cop can't get a speed, and he knows you are speeding, he may and sometimes will pull you over and ticket you. You will either get a ticket for obstructing his duties, or a ticket for an actual speed that he estimated and he'll still write down that he clocked you with laser. I know both of these scenarios to true.

Best bet is to use the jammer as suggested, JTK! There are some instances where you will not have time to kill the system. In that event, I would personally scrub off as much speed as possible and get off the brakes before you pass the leo.

pilot_corey
07-04-2011, 07:44 AM

If a cop can't get a speed, and he knows you are speeding, he may and sometimes will pull you over and ticket you. You will either get a ticket for obstructing his duties, or a ticket for an actual speed that he estimated and he'll still write down that he clocked you with laser. I know both of these scenarios to true.

Best bet is to use the jammer as suggested, JTK! There are some instances where you will not have time to kill the system. In that event, I would personally scrub off as much speed as possible and get off the brakes before you pass the leo.

JTK is the way to go, but I really don't think a LEO could give you a ticket for braking. You could claim any number of reasons for slowing down. Cars have brakes for a reason! I wouldn't doubt that there are some unscrupulous LEOs out there writing tickets like that though.

PMoth
07-04-2011, 03:05 PM
JTK is the way to go, but I really don't think a LEO could give you a ticket for braking. You could claim any number of reasons for slowing down. Cars have brakes for a reason! I wouldn't doubt that there are some unscrupulous LEOs out there writing tickets like that though.

If he sees your brake lights on as you pass him and he already estimated your speed to be well above the speed limit, there is no doubt that you were speeding. I personally would not give the Leo any more reason to pull me over.
And you are correct, there are definitely Leos out there writing tickets like that.

Swamp
07-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Brake like he!! to the PSL and JTK.
If he pulls me over for nose-diving, I'll tell him that I just saw someone (namely the LEO) out of the corner of my eye in a position like they were pointing a weapon at me, and it startled me so I braked hard.

100% true.

ONO5OH
07-09-2011, 03:39 PM
It all depends where you are. If i was on the freeway system (in this area) i would jam until i was going <= 10 MPH. Other areas i would try to get down to the speed limit and cut the jammer.

machtschnell
07-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Brake like he!! to the PSL and JTK.
If he pulls me over for nose-diving, I'll tell him that I just saw someone (namely the LEO) out of the corner of my eye in a position like they were pointing a weapon at me, and it startled me so I braked hard.

100&#37; true.
+1 I like this one. I carry a concealled weapon also, so I could say I was stopping to help out.

oahuyahoo
07-30-2011, 02:11 AM
That's the problem we have here, we don't have long straight stretches of road, this is an island, the roads are winding, curving all the time and the LEO's have a heyday with this. None of those options would be realistic for my area and the type of car I have. I can slow down but I can't dip my nose so far as to project the jammers into the pavement. So at a short distance as you specified I have no choice but to slow down, release brakes before reaching them and JTG.