PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Purchase Lidar Gun

brettzo
06-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Many of you may have noticed several of my posts regarding lidar rentals and/or secondhand purchases. I've been keeping an eye on eBay and noticed a couple of guns pop up. Given I'd like to spend under $600, I've been trying to find a PL II, as they're harder to jam given their good optics. I've had a hard time tracking one down however. I noticed an LTI 20/20, which looks to be in reasonable condition and functional. I want to purchase a gun to test my LI dual's performance on a regular basis.

A question to you, is the LTI 20/20 considered a hard gun to jam? I'd like to pick up an Ultralyte 20/20, however given my budget, it's not going to happen (unless someone knows of a great deal. I wouldn't mind paying a couple hundred more for the Ultralyte, but still wishful thinking). If I do decide on the LTI, what would you consider a fair price in relatively good condition (probably 6/10)?

Also wondering if the LTI 20/20 will work on battery, or just CLA? It would be a pain in the a** to have the thing plugged in to a cigarette lighter adapter while using.

Other than the LTI 20/20 and PLII, I can't think of any other guns in my price range that would be a good buy.

Wish I had a larger budget, as PLIII's and LR B's are all over the place here.

AvsBest
06-30-2012, 03:06 PM
You mean the marksman 20/20, the one I call the big brick? I am nowhere near an expert but I would assume that because it is probably the oldest laser on the planet, it is the easiest to jam. You also need a tripod for that thing or an engine stand, whichever you prefer. It is insanely heavy

I am sure an expert will correct me or agree with me shortly

brettzo
06-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Big brick sounds accurate, however the label shows LTI 20-20. Could be the Marksman, I'm not entirely sure.

Here's an image:

http://www.valentine.de/images/lti20.jpg

AvsBest
06-30-2012, 03:28 PM
That's the big brick right there!

brettzo
06-30-2012, 06:43 PM
I'd be interested in speaking with anyone selling their gun(s).

SHOtime2511
07-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Actually it is a 125pps gun,not the smallest beam but its not easy to jam either.
PL3 is easier to jam.

h4x0r
09-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Many of you may have noticed several of my posts regarding lidar rentals and/or secondhand purchases. I've been keeping an eye on eBay and noticed a couple of guns pop up. Given I'd like to spend under $600, I've been trying to find a PL II, as they're harder to jam given their good optics. I've had a hard time tracking one down however. I noticed an LTI 20/20, which looks to be in reasonable condition and functional. I want to purchase a gun to test my LI dual's performance on a regular basis.

A question to you, is the LTI 20/20 considered a hard gun to jam? I'd like to pick up an Ultralyte 20/20, however given my budget, it's not going to happen (unless someone knows of a great deal. I wouldn't mind paying a couple hundred more for the Ultralyte, but still wishful thinking). If I do decide on the LTI, what would you consider a fair price in relatively good condition (probably 6/10)?

Also wondering if the LTI 20/20 will work on battery, or just CLA? It would be a pain in the a** to have the thing plugged in to a cigarette lighter adapter while using.

Other than the LTI 20/20 and PLII, I can't think of any other guns in my price range that would be a good buy.

I just bought a PLII for half you budget. $300 was the minimum bid, and nobody was bidding on it, so I placed a bid for $300 in the last 10 seconds. Some1 is also selling a damaged LZ-1 for 165, and a fully fuctional LZ-1 is going for $400+. LTI 20-20s are also around $450, so I figure $300 for that PL2 was a pretty good price.

Jstglockem
09-05-2012, 11:30 AM

I just bought a PLII for half you budget. $300 was the minimum bid, and nobody was bidding on it, so I placed a bid for $300 in the last 10 seconds. Some1 is also selling a damaged LZ-1 for 165, and a fully fuctional LZ-1 is going for $400+. LTI 20-20s are also around $450, so I figure $300 for that PL2 was a pretty good price.

P2 is the hardest gun to jam. I bought one 3 years ago for $700.

Now you can pick a good one up for half of that.

busta
09-06-2012, 04:31 AM
You mean the marksman 20/20, the one I call the big brick? I am nowhere near an expert but I would assume that because it is probably the oldest laser on the planet, it is the easiest to jam. You also need a tripod for that thing or an engine stand, whichever you prefer. It is insanely heavy

I am sure an expert will correct me or agree with me shortly

Still one of the hardest guns to jam due to the pulse rate and the large optics, ask blinder