PDA

View Full Version : '05 M 20 Blinder - should I be worried?

Jim_R
11-14-2012, 04:05 PM
I have had a Blinder (or is it now BlinderXtreme?) M-20 on my SUV since 2005. I mostly run it in Wisconsin and Indiana. Untold saves in Wisconsin, easily more than 15 per year, always would slow down, turn off the M-20 and drive right by. Have only had one speeding ticket since 2005, and the one I did get was by an unmarked car that snuck up behind me and clocked me by driving at the same speed - no radar or laser involved. Although I've 'defeated' Wisconsin State Trooper Laser as recently as 3 weeks ago I suspect I've become too overconfident, which is why I'm asking should I be worried running an older rig like the M-20?

twentyseventy
01-18-2013, 07:29 PM
I believe that the M20's generic algorithm is successful against the TruSpeed, but I don't know about how it fares with the Laser Ally. My old ALG8 system (I feel old even typing that) couldn't handle the TS. I know that my LIG7 won't cover the LA.

It's about 7 years behind now, so a refresh may be worth it! You can always leave those bad boys on the rear...

dorcse
01-19-2013, 08:17 AM
I would be a bit concerned. It won't fair well against some current LiDAR in use and worse still against emerging LiDAR technology going forward.

radarrob
03-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Time for a upgrade.