PDA

View Full Version : Nice first LI save today!

helix139
11-18-2012, 06:07 PM
After having about 4 run-ins with laser and 2 tickets in the 3-4 months before I got my LI installed, I've had literally no run-ins with laser in the year and a half I've had it installed. Well, that changed today. I took off from a light and had to pass someone going absurdly slow in front of me so I bumped it up to around 70 on the 55mph divided 4-lane highway I was on and passed in the left lane. There was a slight right curve immediately after I passed and as soon as I come out of the curve my 9500ix and LI both sound their alarms. I couldn't make out what gun they were using, but this was probably a 200-300 yard shot. As I left off the gas, I saw the Polk Sherrif's car hidden behind some trees and bushes ahead on the right side. Pretty nasty little spot, but there was ample time to slow down without nosediving using just engine braking (pays to drive stick), and cut off my LI while he was still lighting me up so he could clock me at around 53. All in all, I'm glad I had my LI.

Eloi
11-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Li is the pendant of the earth's magnetic shield :

The Earth's Magnetic shield is important for preventing the Atmosphere from being destroyed by solar wind by deflecting dangerous particles from impacting the Earth.

helix139
11-18-2012, 10:11 PM

The Earth's Magnetic shield is important for preventing the Atmosphere from being destroyed by solar wind by deflecting dangerous particles from impacting the Earth.

WTF?

spankyaf
11-19-2012, 08:13 AM

WTF?

1) He really like LIs and your story

2) It never fails that once your LIs are installed you'll wont see laser for at least a year ... Cliff should make it part of the warranty

Eloi
11-19-2012, 07:08 PM

WTF?

1) He really like LIs and your story

2) It never fails that once your LIs are installed you'll wont see laser for at least a year ... Cliff should make it part of the warranty

Thanks for explaining my passion. I previously owned other brands ...none offers the same
level of technical sophistication and dedication of service to the customers.

Hyper
11-24-2012, 10:18 PM
It was about an year after I installed my LI before I encounted laser as well.

helix139
11-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Saturday I made it two saves in less than a week. Was an accidental JTG unfortunately though. Undercover Impala hit me from such close range (about 50 yards if I had to guess) and surprised the crap out of me that I didn't really have sufficient time to react. Cops in the area were on one of their post-thanksgiving collection drives and I had passed all the usual hiding spots and 3-4 unwilling customers and thought I was relatively clear and this guy had a fairly decent hiding spot at the exit from a gated community halfway hidden behind the sign in the driveway. That, combined with the lack of markings on the car just didn't set off my usual alarms. Mea culpa, but I'm sure glad I have my LI.

helix139
12-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Actually had another hit last Friday making it 3 in 2 weeks after going over a year and a half without seeing a single laser hit. This one was heading into Disney World right before the booths where you pay for parking, and again, pretty much a point blank shot from maybe 50 yards away. I wasn't speeding, though, so I just shut it off and let him get my speed.