PDA

View Full Version : Help with what brand.

Dillon Town
12-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Im currently a college student looking to get jammers put in my car. I have really been torn between the blinders and laser intercepters. Money isn't that big of a factor but im looking to get the most bang for my buck. I cant seem to bind the new blinder hp-905 for anywhere for under $700. I was going to get a three unit system for a 2012 Jetta put two in the front and one in the back. Just looking for suggestions because im sure you guys know your stuff.

dorcse
12-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Im currently a college student looking to get jammers put in my car. I have really been torn between the blinders and laser intercepters. Money isn't that big of a factor but im looking to get the most bang for my buck. I cant seem to bind the new blinder hp-905 for anywhere for under $700. I was going to get a three unit system for a 2012 Jetta put two in the front and one in the back. Just looking for suggestions because im sure you guys know your stuff.

I'm with you on maximizing your investment. Chances are you will have the jammers for a very long time. You want to make sure you not only get a good deal, but solid performance and a quality product that will weather the test of time.

While the new blinder looks like it could be a contender, I'm solidly sold on Laser Interceptor for a couple of really important reasons.

1. I own them and use them and am thrilled with the results (I've had a set on my car and one on my wife's car for years. We've both encountered a fair share of LiDAR traps and survived completely unscathed : ) We can attest to their longevity and performance over a long period of time. Plus the units fully software/firmware upgradeable to keep up with any new threats (new LiDAR guns) that are sure to come along.

2. The Laser Interceptor USA rep, Cliff Crane, is outstanding. For support before and (most importantly) after the sale, he's always there. I can't say enough about this guy. A real pro. I wish every business owner would conduct themselves like Cliff.

As for Blinder, I've never had any contact with them. From what I've read so far, they seem to make a good product and you would probably be fine if you went that way.

Ultimately, the decision is of course your own. I hope my opinions and info prove helpful. Good luck.

Best for the holidays and the New Year,

Ed

Dillon Town
12-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks for your help, I after looking into the interceptors I really like them and have been turned away from the blinders. Is Laser Interceptor - The Ultimate Laser Jammer - Buy Online Now (http://www.laser-interceptorusa.com/901.html) a safe site to order from?

Dillon Town
12-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Hey thanks for the help. Do you think that is a safe place to order from? Laser Interceptor - The Ultimate Laser Jammer - Official Website - Exclusive Factory Authorized Distributor to The USA and Canada - Home (http://www.laser-interceptorusa.com/) I wanted to run two units in the front and two in the rear.

twentyseventy
12-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Hey thanks for the help. Do you think that is a safe place to order from? Laser Interceptor - The Ultimate Laser Jammer - Official Website - Exclusive Factory Authorized Distributor to The USA and Canada - Home (http://www.laser-interceptorusa.com/) I wanted to run two units in the front and two in the rear.

Yes, that's the official LI site. I highly recommend the company and Cliff; I have spoken with him on the phone numerous times and have met with him in person.

Performance is killer as well-

Holla
12-23-2012, 05:48 PM
NO brainer--L.! Cliff is awesome at keeping his products up to date and their performance is steller. Best System out there!

hksoundpro
01-30-2013, 03:29 AM
LI all the way.
I've installed them in some very nice exotics here in HK, and none of my clients
has regretted the investment.
I'm an electronics geek, and was utterly impressed the first time I inspected
the PCB on the LI. An exercise in perfection! No afterthoughts or modifications
on either side of the board. Designed by a master.
Just be 100% certain to sweat the details when installing the system.
Don't rush, and if you've got questions, there is a wealth of experience
on this forum.

hugo2x
01-30-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm turned on by the smaller size of the new blinders. I like how they'd be easier to hide. Radar Roy tested them and they perform equally as well as the LI. If you go through his website and use use the coupon code RadarRoy before check out, you can get them for $521.98 shipped for a dual, $656.98 shipped for dual front and one rear.
Blinder HP-905 Compact Laser Jammer Review (http://www.radardetector.org/reviews/blinder-hp-905-compact-laser-jammer-review/)