PDA

View Full Version : GOL Tests Why So Dated?

commandrkeen
01-17-2013, 10:58 PM
As a person getting started with researching laser jammers, it seems odd to me that the GOL test results, that are so often referenced, are so old? Curious why no one has published a comprehensive test in the last 4.5 years.

Buckdarma
01-17-2013, 11:25 PM
As a person getting started with researching laser jammers, it seems odd to me that the GOL test results, that are so often referenced, are so old? Curious why no one has published a comprehensive test in the last 4.5 years.

Because GOL is no more.

twentyseventy
01-18-2013, 07:24 PM
GOL is no more - there are a new group of jammer testers, but I believe that mentioning them on this forum is verboten, but a quick google search for countermeasures on the east coast might lead you in the right direction.

nvr2fast
01-18-2013, 07:32 PM
GOL is no more - there are a new group of jammer testers, but I believe that mentioning them on this forum is verboten, but a quick google search for countermeasures on the east coast might lead you in the right direction.

I was always under the impression, from the beginning, that mentioning other sales sites and sites that are basically there to sell a particular brand are not allowed, but sites that simply compare A versus B or such are allowed?!

Otherwise, are we now not allowed to discuss performance difference between LI and Blinder, or other such issues? Wow...

twentyseventy
01-18-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm not current on the rules around here; I've been gone for a year or two and I've come back to a semi-graveyard. Just google ECCTG and check out their tests, that seems to be the most current LI vs HP905 tests.

I'd direct you to my site, but I've yet to do a quick write up / link to their results