PDA

View Full Version : Help with LI/STIR install

vdub.:R
02-19-2013, 02:42 PM
I've been getting quotes of around $1000 to get a STiR Plus and LI installed. I have general knowledge of what needs to be done to install either or both, but I can't justify spending $1000 to get something done I COULD do myself.

I'm wondering if there's anyone in Los Angeles area willing to meet up and help me out? I could buy lunch or be willing to pay a couple hundred for their time. To be done on a new Audi.

Send me a PM! Also hope this is in the right place!

goodtimes40
02-19-2013, 03:25 PM
The reason there charging so much is cause there illegal in ca now. Im on the oppositte coast or i would help you. good luck

vdub.:R
02-20-2013, 12:27 AM
The reason there charging so much is cause there illegal in ca now. Im on the oppositte coast or i would help you. good luck

$1000 for the STiR plus, without shifters, irregardless of the LI. An STiR plus is not illegal. The LI is the easier of the install, which installers have been saying they will do at the same time. Finding a place to put the kill switch without a visible drill hole is my only concern with the LI.

goodtimes40
02-20-2013, 05:54 AM
i misunderstood your post...i never said the stir was illegal in ca, just the Li's. Sorry for misunderstanding. Here in florida that install for both would be no more than 2-300 bucks(depending where you go) i would do it for lunch but thats me(its my hobby). good luck6307