PDA

View Full Version : Laser Jammer placement and Laser Interceptor vs. HP-905

ahl395
06-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Hi everyone, this will be my first post here.

I have two questions...

1. Comparing the Blinder HP-905 to the Laser Interceptors. I've read a few reviews where they peg them as the same performance level, but I've noticed the general consensus on forums I've read do regard the LI as the best. At the prices I've found, the LI and Blinder are the same price for Dual, LI is $74 more for Triples and $136 more for Quads. At these price differences, the Blinders become a more affordable option for me if I want to get more that two jammers. What is your opinion on these compared to each other at these price differences? Money is a bit tight but I want to make sure I get something decent (to protect me from an even costlier ticket)

2. I'm not sure of where to mount the jammers on my car. I have a 1996 Grand Prix GTP (I know, not the usual car that people put jammers on lol, but I make this thing fly :p)

Heres a picture of the front of the car: http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4395/c7md.jpg

The red squares are where I'm thinking the best mounting place for them is. Right to the side of the blinker there is some space. The bottom left corner of the blinker may be a little blocked though so the 905 might be superior for this situation.
The yellow squares are where i could dremel out a spot in my grille to put them (unfortunately id have to keep them that close together because of my car's side mounted license plate in the way)

For the back of the car: http://imageshack.us/a/img211/186/z3yj.jpg

Would you recommend one or two rear jammers? and also where would be the best place to mount?

I live in New Jersey and am looking for protection when on the Garden State Parkway, which I have seen laser being used a few times, mostly front shots, but I've read a few comments on forums of people getting rear shots on the GSP as well, so I want to make sure i'm protected. My car is white (which I know is a problem, I have veiled all my lights in the front and have a veiled lasershield on my front license plate)

Thank you very much for your time, any responses are much appreciated!

RedRocket
06-21-2013, 12:08 AM
I hope you never owned that License Plate...not a good idea to let everyone know who you are.
Both RED & Yellow locations are less than ideal.The laser beam is quite narrow & you would be completely vulnerable.
The primary target is a Front LP.
Just as good are your front lights.

If you moved RED locations outward on each side so as to between each headlight pair would be much better.
Is a front Plate required in Joisy ?

ahl395
06-21-2013, 11:20 AM
I hope you never owned that License Plate...not a good idea to let everyone know who you are.
Both RED & Yellow locations are less than ideal.The laser beam is quite narrow & you would be completely vulnerable.
The primary target is a Front LP.
Just as good are your front lights.

If you moved RED locations outward on each side so as to between each headlight pair would be much better.
Is a front Plate required in Joisy ?

Thanks for the reply.

Nah that is a public picture of my model car I found on Google lol.

Yes the front plate is unfortunately required here :p

I could put them below/in front of the high beam light, since I never use it and dont really need it, it wouldnt be a big deal if the jammer head covered the lower half.
How about the placement of the orange outlines?

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9592/1i3m.jpg

AvsBest
06-21-2013, 05:42 PM
LI has a stunning customer service and also has a better track record for more frequent updates

RedRocket
06-22-2013, 06:30 AM
@ ahl395 - yes,that would be better & try to locate (if possible) the Sensor head "centered" on the HL's.
It's very important to mount them level & pointing straight ahead w/ the convex "bubbles" on the Sensors to the "inboard" side.

ahl395
06-22-2013, 10:41 AM
@ ahl395 - yes,that would be better & try to locate (if possible) the Sensor head "centered" on the HL's.
It's very important to mount them level & pointing straight ahead w/ the convex "bubbles" on the Sensors to the "inboard" side.

So the bubbles face towards the center of the car you mean? Good to know, never read that before lol.

The only problem I see occurring with the headlight idea is that they will be a little recessed, though I'll bring them outwards as much as possible it may not be a completely level and flat surface, not sure how I will counter that problem.

CRM
06-22-2013, 02:14 PM

The "bubbles" on the inside is not the case with the HP-905 or the LI. The optical part must be oriented outwards. You can find this information on their installation page. As for which one to get, they are both good with comparable performance, with the LI giving more frequent updates and better customer service.

Laser Interceptor - The Ultimate Laser Jammer - Installation (http://laser-interceptorusa.com/715.html)
http://blinderxtreme.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/3.pdf

RedRocket
06-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Yes,the bubbles would be facing forward(like your HL's) but "inboard" in closer proximity to the License Plate. - if I had said 'inward' would that be less confusing for you ?
In front of the HL while technically slightly "recessed" it's a large open area...I see no shading problems even for a high located sniper shooting from an overpass or bridge.If you're overly concerned about that...move the location of Sensor forward on the black area to where it almost touches the Blue of the car body in your pix.