PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about these LI start-up tone/beeps? (video)

lithium1330
07-07-2013, 09:35 AM
This just started happening today when I went to start the car. No changes were done to the LI unit since last night: no FW updates or make any config/jumper changes to the unit.

Before this morning, the start up would be the standard... Welcome, <pause> Parking Aid is deactivated. That was it. Now, as you see in the video below, there are these beeps between the welcome and PA deactivated. I did a google for start-up tones and didn't find anything.

I also power cycle the LI multiple times and noticed the # of beeps are different each time. The video below has 10 total beeps, with a long pause just after beep #4. I just started up LI again.. and it had 11 beeps... And the long pause is also random; some times pause after 7, some times after 5 beeps.
Before I email Cliff directly, any thoughts on what's going on? Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_iMySDWtkw

Laser-InterceptorUSA
07-07-2013, 10:01 AM
This is completely normal. When the LI is still in PA Mode, 10 seconds after start-up according to your setting as shown in your VID, the LI will alert to any object in front of the vehicle up to several yards ahead or more. This also depends on the ambient light, color of the object(s) in front of the Sensor as well as your Parking Sensor Sensitivity Setting. You can set the PA to be off after start-up by changing the PA Duration Setting in the Communicator to "0".

Cliff

lithium1330
07-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the insight Cliff. I never enabled Parking Aid on the CPU... so, i was/am surprised to hear the beeps come on. Also, the beeps randomly vary between 10 (in the video) to 11 or 9 beeps each time I turn the car on. I'll hook up the laptop later on to check the settings. If I'm still confused.. I'll reach out offline.

Thanks again!
Chris

This is completely normal. When the LI is still in PA Mode, 10 seconds after start-up according to your setting as shown in your VID, the LI will alert to any object in front of the vehicle up to several yards ahead or more. This also depends on the ambient light, color of the object(s) in front of the Sensor as well as your Parking Sensor Sensitivity Setting. You can turn the PA of after start-up by changing the PA Duration Setting in the Communicator to "0".

Cliff