PDA

View Full Version : Laser interceptors OR AntiLaser??

gqa
03-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Hi guys,

I have a dilemma regarding my next laser jammer purchase. I am getting a new vehicle in the next couple of months and I had already planned to get laser Interceptors for my new ride. I already had the quad LI's installed in my previous car and had them tested back in 07 or 08' in NJ with members from this forum. (I had the white SL500 for those who were there and remember) I just visited a reputable installer who will be doing my clear bra, roof wrap, and laser jammer and hard wired V1. BUT he stated the Antilasers were a better choice. Keep in mind he sells both the AL and LI, and he even knows Cliff. He also gives me the option of purchasing my own brand an he will install it regardless.

But his 2 reasons for choosing AL is because there has been some recent info that the LI's have been having problems jamming the newer upgradeable laser guns and the AL's are easier to upgrade making them easier to stay on par with the new laser guns. I need to know if this is true. Previously to me hearing this I had read some reviews or tests on the internet that said the same thing and I thought hogwash but now I'm concerned. Please reply based on facts and not politics. Ever since I had my LI's installed & tested I have been a LI spokesperson:) but I want to make the right call for my new car.

Also does anyone have any links to any recent independent laser jammer tests? I keep getting the 2008 GOL tests and of course its 2014.

Thanks in advance!

fire65
03-12-2014, 07:51 PM
deleted

gqa
03-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Thanks for responding fire! I have spoke with Cliff a few times and he is a great guy and #1 in customer service. But my concern is about LI's not being able to protect against the new guns? I did a search on this forum and there has been a little discussion about this. Trust me I want to stay with LI's because I know they work and I know Cliff's service but I want to be sure. I plan to get Jammers in my new car as well as my replacement work van. The leo's have really stepped up their Laser gun use here in NYC/LI area.

Is this website legit? Home - Laser Jammer Tests (http://www.laserjammertests.com/) It states the LI's failed against the laser ally gun.

fire65
03-12-2014, 09:10 PM
deleted

gqa
03-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Think about it. Who was always on top? LI. Who always had the best CS, LI? Not sure with the new ALP is the best thing, and will not go there. LI has always been on top will probably stay there. Some forums will try to sell one over the other.

Thanks fire but your comments don't answer my questions. We all all have our favorite brands with anything but none of what you said will help me if a get a speeding ticket because the jammer I bought couldn't jam the gun used. I come here for objective and real life views and real world experiences. Every car forum I'm a member of almost each member has their favorite radar detector and laser jammer but when you ask specifics they just say their brand is the best!

Again I just want to know if this is a real world issue? Has any member experienced failure with their LI's against this particular gun? Heck I don't even know if Leo's use this gun in my area so I might be worrying about nothing. I'm about to spend some serious cash on at least 2 of my 3 vehicles. I'm even considering covering all 3 as I see laser guns used 70% of the time around here.

Again thanks for responding and I don't mean to sound rude since your the only 1 to respond to my thread. But I'll continue to do some more research. I want to get this right.

radardude
03-13-2014, 06:17 AM
Try doing a Google search. You will find the answers to your questions.

radardude
03-13-2014, 09:11 AM
I had responded to you earlier but I guess this forum will censor every post that does not phrase the LI and it was deleted. I am sure this post will get deleted as well because they cant handle the truth. My earlier response was a quick Google search will give you all the answers you are looking for. This forum will not allow discussion of how good the AL Priority is and that should alone give you a hint as to what you should do. I will probably get banned for this answer so good luck to you.

Won Hunglo
03-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Choose your next jammer based on what guns are in the area you might be traveling in. The countermeasure game has changed with the new guns out there. I am still running LIs but sadly have to hide my vehicle when someone pulls out one of the newer lidar guns during testing that I can't jam. Hoping for a long over due LI update sooner than latter. Come on 8.15 update!!!

fire65
03-14-2014, 07:31 PM
deleted

Won Hunglo
03-14-2014, 09:04 PM
I find it strange that all you people think LEOs update their guns every month. They are on a budget, like all cities these days. They do get grants, but do not spend it on some new gun do they can defeat a jammer. Most cities use what they have, their old radar guns and can get all the tickets they want.
When I read some of these threads, it is like some people think that the LEOs go buy new guns every week to defeat new tech, this just isn't so.
They are spending the money else where.

Good to see lidars in your area are not being recertified or replaced each year. You realize that any of the newer Stalker lidars sold in the last year are a no jam? Any DE lidar recertified in the last year is a no jam? Any DE compact ever sold is a no jam. Certain LTI LRBs & Truspeed S models will get you instantly owned. The newer sub $1500 lidars with house hold batteries have changed the game. No longer is a lidar a $4000 investment just for the traffic guys. That was back in the day when you needed a special battery & charger. I am still holding on to my LIs while I wait for an update but every time I pass a LEO & get no alert I am sweating it out if over PSL.

Veil Guy
03-17-2014, 05:57 AM
I find it strange that all you people think LEOs update their guns every month. They are on a budget, like all cities these days. They do get grants, but do not spend it on some new gun do they can defeat a jammer. Most cities use what they have, their old radar guns and can get all the tickets they want.
When I read some of these threads, it is like some people think that the LEOs go buy new guns every week to defeat new tech, this just isn't so.

Good to see lidars in your area are not being recertified or replaced each year. You realize that any of the newer Stalker lidars sold in the last year are a no jam? Any DE lidar recertified in the last year is a no jam? Any DE compact ever sold is a no jam. Certain LTI LRBs & Truspeed S models will get you instantly owned. The newer sub $1500 lidars with house hold batteries have changed the game. No longer is a lidar a $4000 investment just for the traffic guys. That was back in the day when you needed a special battery & charger. I am still holding on to my LIs while I wait for an update but every time I pass a LEO & get no alert I am sweating it out if over PSL.

Please excuse what may seem like a shameless self promotion, but now more than ever Veil (http://www.laserveil.com) is an invaluable part of any serious driver's defense arsenal. Why laser jammer mfrs won't like to acknowledge the facts that you have put forth, these new lidars are indeed changing the game.

I'm digging it because for far too many years Veil has been dissed by certain jammed mfrs and some of their shills online. Time to revisit certain Veil threads. Remember, Veil will absorb any laser pulse, regardless of it pulse rate or its randomness. :)

You know the saying: he who laughs last, laughs the loudest. :)

VG

Dragons
03-18-2014, 08:06 PM
I'm not so sure you would wan to rip LI's off your car if that's what you already have, but with the mounting evidence out there, Antilaser is the new king of jammers, new evidence has emerged that it can jam Dragon compact.

I really do hope LI does come out with something new, since competition is what drives innovation, while AL might be king of the tree today that won't be forever.

To answer your question: Antilaser you need only look at the updates they have released recently to my knowledge another is coming in the close future.

CJRadar
03-28-2014, 08:02 AM

I agree, even with the price of some of these new lidar guns dropping why replace whats not broke. You also have PD's that have contracts with specific manufacturers.

As time goes on we will see newer and newer guns, but until the old ones break, economy gets better and the old contracts run out most of these new guns will be quite rare.

Wannago
03-29-2014, 12:24 PM

I agree, even with the price of some of these new lidar guns dropping why replace whats not broke. You also have PD's that have contracts with specific manufacturers.

As time goes on we will see newer and newer guns, but until the old ones break, economy gets better and the old contracts run out most of these new guns will be quite rare.

I currently have a brand new set of ALP quads sitting beside me which will very soon be replacing the existing LI quad setup on my car. When I bought the LIs, they were the best product available and have served me very well (0 tickets since installed) and in some very tricky situations. But...the game has changed!

Admittedly, most of the guns I have encountered are some of the more easily jammed models, but I knew the LIs were up to the task in the event I did run into some of the tougher guns.

However, where I live, the new "unjammable" guns are regularly used by both law enforcement and contractors, and are quickly becoming more and more popular. These are NOT a rarity around here, they are a reality! As such, I no longer had the peace of mind and confidence in the protection provided by my LIs. The fact that LI has essentially admitted defeat and that these guns were unjammable (by them) did not sit well with me. Enter ALP.

It doesn't take much research to realize what the ALPs are capable of and that they have clearly de-throned LI as the Top Dog in the laser jammer market. Not only do they jam the "unjammable", their features and functionality make them clearly a next-gen product over the LIs.

For me, and even though it was a significant expense, it was a no-brainer to replace my LIs with ALPs.

Regardless of the amount of time and money we may have invested in the LIs, like it or not, the facts speak for themselves. The times have changed.

For me, I want the best protection against laser and the most modern, up-to-date and future-proof system on the market. This being the case, there is only one option: AL Priority.

CJRadar
03-29-2014, 01:29 PM

I currently have a brand new set of ALP quads sitting beside me which will very soon be replacing the existing LI quad setup on my car. When I bought the LIs, they were the best product available and have served me very well (0 tickets since installed) and in some very tricky situations. But...the game has changed!

Admittedly, most of the guns I have encountered are some of the more easily jammed models, but I knew the LIs were up to the task in the event I did run into some of the tougher guns.

However, where I live, the new "unjammable" guns are regularly used by both law enforcement and contractors, and are quickly becoming more and more popular. These are NOT a rarity around here, they are a reality! As such, I no longer had the peace of mind and confidence in the protection provided by my LIs. The fact that LI has essentially admitted defeat and that these guns were unjammable (by them) did not sit well with me. Enter ALP.

It doesn't take much research to realize what the ALPs are capable of and that they have clearly de-throned LI as the Top Dog in the laser jammer market. Not only do they jam the "unjammable", their features and functionality make them clearly a next-gen product over the LIs.

For me, and even though it was a significant expense, it was a no-brainer to replace my LIs with ALPs.

Regardless of the amount of time and money we may have invested in the LIs, like it or not, the facts speak for themselves. The times have changed.

For me, I want the best protection against laser and the most modern, up-to-date and future-proof system on the market. This being the case, there is only one option: AL Priority.

Agreed. I tend to think about the US and the rarity of these "unjammable" guns and not so much Canada. For me i would and am still good with my ZR4's. But ultimately everyone's needs are different and though i am still good running ZR4's and LI that's certainly not the case for everyone and lucky for us we have many good choices like the ALP if need be.

How often do you get hit with laser?

Wannago
03-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Probably at least 4-5 times per year. They seem to love laser around here and use a variety of tactics. I've seen the typical speed-trap scenario where a cruiser is parked with the LEO shooting out the window (eg. white cruiser parked on an access road between the lanes of a divided highway, almost completely hidden behind a huge pile of plowed snow, picking people off with laser), overpass rear shots using chase cars, on-ramp from behind ambushes, over-the-hill highway traps, and rear photo-laser setups.

To be honest, with a good set of jammers like the ALPs, I hope they keep using laser vs I/O radar.

Veil Guy
03-29-2014, 05:13 PM
Tell that to those who drive in states such as FL and GA, to name just two. At $1600 apiece for the DEC your are talking about being able to pay that back in about 4-5 healthy tickets. That rate of citation issuing in one stretch in southern GA must have been nearly 30 an hour! I've got some intense video to prove that. Thinking these puppies wont proliferate is wishful thinking, I believe.

My recent experiences in FL and GA are pushing me to take off the ZR4s and the M2xs from the vehicle as they were completely ineffective against what I encountered. Not only did they not attempt to jam, but they even failed to alert. Had it not been for a V1, Veil, and some assist from Waze, I would have most certainly been toast.

Like anything, it all depends upon where you drive. Carl Fors once made a silly claim that the chances of encountering X-band in the country was 99.99% against. Well that was a fabulously reckless (and inaccurate) statement to make. If you drive in NJ or OH, the chances are closer to 100% that you WILL experience it.

Sure it's not your problem until it is YOUR problem. If you are like me and drive a lot of different places in the country then your risk of exposure goes up. If you stick around a general area and you know your equipment is solid then fine, stick with it.

It's like anything with all of the effort and expense we all tend to go through why take the chance? The same companies (and their supporters) that hammered other countermeasure solutions (including Veil) for anything than less than JTG in every situation are now minimizing the real threats to THEIR products--far more serious than less than JTG, but IPT at any/all distances! It's laughable on one level but quite pathetic on another. What goes around comes around.

VG

Lucky225
03-30-2014, 09:56 PM
Fire65, I know you're a good dude with the best intentions, but these guns are being used in Georgia & Florida and folks in those States should take note. It's only a matter of time and better to plan for the future. I'm crossing my fingers these guns don't show up in Colorado as it will be quite a while before I decide to purchase another jammer, just got the HP-905s in November :D

indyboy
05-19-2014, 04:43 AM
I'm ready to switch from LI to ALP but I'm not sure where to purchase the unit. I saw a distributor in Canada but I don't want to order from there. I went to the website below and tried to order the Triple package but it didn't include the rear extended cable for the backend, nor could I add it to the cart. Where can I buy AntiLaser from a reputable US company with all the parts and accessories at once? I couldn't find the extended cable from here --> AL Priority Parking System - Starter System w/1 CPU & 1 Sensor (http://www.bestradardetectors.net/AL-Priority-System.html) How long is the cables that comes with the ALP unit? I have a Corvette so I may not require the cable.