PDA

View Full Version : Advice On First Time Jammer - Jeep Grand Cherokee

richardboy316
08-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Afternoon all,

Boy, been a long time since I've posted on here. Not sure if it's as active as it was around 2007/2008 but anyways, I come seeking advice. Unfortunately, my stubbornness, lead foot, fast car, and frequent travels have led me to getting two different tickets this summer alone; both via laser. First one was whatever, second one was my own fault and if I hadn't sped up to relieve stress after being stuck behind a bunch of lackeys, I wouldn't have gotten owned by the good old, but always sneaky and scary, county sheriff standing on an overpass radioing ahead trap. It remains to be seen the effect they will have on my license, but regardless I'm taking the next step to get a jammer for my car. All these years, I've been blessed to have the V1 protecting me, and until this summer, I've never been victim to the instant and deadly laser eye. Honestly probably had 10,000 saves with the V1, but I'm learning the hard way and recognizing real quick how rampant the use of laser is becoming, so I need to protect myself. I did some brief research, was on some sites I remember from the good old days, and from what I can gather, the best jammer for your buck is the Blinder 905. Now I have a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi; aside from getting the full SRT8, my baby can move. Unfortunately, I've gotten used to greatly exceeding the limits on the highways near Chicago as they are rarely patrolled and the stateys have better fish to fry than enforce a major city where on a slow day, everyone is going 75 in a 55. Anyways, back to the topic at hand. My brief research indicates that the Blinder is the way to go. Unless I'm incorrect, and perhaps should look into the laser interceptor or another brand I'm not aware of; I'm set on getting one of those. Now, in Illinois, by law you have to have a front plate. So I have that going against me in addition to the big car, dark blue paint, and obviously my headlights. I have no problem getting veil and the lasershield license plate cover, if those are actually considered effective and helpful. So if anyone can provide some insight to guide my in the best direction, that would be greatly appreciated. Lastly, if we all agree the blinder is my best choice, I would imagine the two heads should cover me, but their site recommends that only for sedans, and a triple head setup for mid size SUVs. Perhaps per one of your suggestions, a dual, the veil, and lasershield should serve me well? Or simply a 3 head setup would take care of all my protection worries? Any help is greatly appreciated. Look forward to hearing your responses and insight

PointerCone
08-21-2014, 07:49 PM
Afternoon all,

Boy, been a long time since I've posted on here. Not sure if it's as active as it was around 2007/2008 but anyways, I come seeking advice. Unfortunately, my stubbornness, lead foot, fast car, and frequent travels have led me to getting two different tickets this summer alone; both via laser. First one was whatever, second one was my own fault and if I hadn't sped up to relieve stress after being stuck behind a bunch of lackeys, I wouldn't have gotten owned by the good old, but always sneaky and scary, county sheriff standing on an overpass radioing ahead trap. It remains to be seen the effect they will have on my license, but regardless I'm taking the next step to get a jammer for my car. All these years, I've been blessed to have the V1 protecting me, and until this summer, I've never been victim to the instant and deadly laser eye. Honestly probably had 10,000 saves with the V1, but I'm learning the hard way and recognizing real quick how rampant the use of laser is becoming, so I need to protect myself. I did some brief research, was on some sites I remember from the good old days, and from what I can gather, the best jammer for your buck is the Blinder 905. Now I have a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi; aside from getting the full SRT8, my baby can move. Unfortunately, I've gotten used to greatly exceeding the limits on the highways near Chicago as they are rarely patrolled and the stateys have better fish to fry than enforce a major city where on a slow day, everyone is going 75 in a 55. Anyways, back to the topic at hand. My brief research indicates that the Blinder is the way to go. Unless I'm incorrect, and perhaps should look into the laser interceptor or another brand I'm not aware of; I'm set on getting one of those. Now, in Illinois, by law you have to have a front plate. So I have that going against me in addition to the big car, dark blue paint, and obviously my headlights. I have no problem getting veil and the lasershield license plate cover, if those are actually considered effective and helpful. So if anyone can provide some insight to guide my in the best direction, that would be greatly appreciated. Lastly, if we all agree the blinder is my best choice, I would imagine the two heads should cover me, but their site recommends that only for sedans, and a triple head setup for mid size SUVs. Perhaps per one of your suggestions, a dual, the veil, and lasershield should serve me well? Or simply a 3 head setup would take care of all my protection worries? Any help is greatly appreciated. Look forward to hearing your responses and insight

Blinder? Why Blinder? Is there something you read or used that makes you want the Blinders?

Of course you do know that jammers are illegal in Il and you're going to need a stealthy install. I'd look at some alternatives including the ALP and/ or LI? Me, I'd look at the ALPs.

Finally the V1 is not the be all end all of RDs. Since you've been out of the game for awhile, there are RDs that will romp it in radar and just as good on lidar. May I suggest a segmented Redline.

richardboy316
08-25-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the response. I looked up a couple studies which seemed unbiased and most of them had Blinder as the top dog. Also something about Blinder being the easiest to update. I wasn't sure who was really the most accurate and trustworthy these days; don't think GoL do anything anymore and SML doesn't appear to either. Yes I was aware that jammers were 'illegal' in Illinois, although I'm not sure if LEO's really know what they are, how they work, or how to diagnose them. I guess that would be one advantage to purchasing one of the LJ's that 'can be used' as a parking sensor if ever questioned by LE. By ALP, I assume you mean AntiLaser Priority? If we were to go with that, what would be your suggestion regarding number of heads and also the combination or necessity of Veil and/or LaserShield? I'm no mechanic, I used to screw around with an older Jeep of mine back in automotives in high school, but I'm not sure how capable I'll be to setup and install my own jammer while not sacrificing the integrity of the jammer and hoping to achieve maximum stealth and effectiveness. So with that said, If I were to purchase all three, the Veil and LaserShield could do me well in the meantime while I research or find the time to properly install a jammer. Thanks.

Oh and as far as my RD, I have no reason to look elsewhere. The V1 has always protected me above and beyond expectations. Not once have I been stopped or gotten a ticket without knowing exactly how fast I was going and what method. Even these sneaky laser traps I fell victim to this summer, I've gotten the alert, but nothing my V1 or the STI could have done differently to save me.

Any thoughts as to the best source for acquiring any of the products we mentioned above? In looking at the Blinder the other day, I submitted by information for a quote and got an email back the next day for 20% off. BlinderXtreme doesn't have quotes, but Blinder.net has the dual at $599, so assuming that's BX's price, 20% would bring me to $480 for the duals. Roy has the Blinder Duals at $449, but they're out of stock and hard to say if that's a temporary or permanent notice. Conversely, ALP is $599 for single head, $849 for the duals

Here's a pic of the front of my car if you feel like getting creative with Paint to suggest where a single or dual heads would be best placed

That didn't seem to work..let's try this6610