PDA

View Full Version : interesting technique i tried when applying

Mackid343
04-01-2006, 10:42 PM
well i finally got to reapply my veil due to a short spirt of 60 degree weather here in wisconsin. i tried an interesting technique as i did not have time to let my car sit overnight....just thought i'd share it if you haven't already heard it.

heres what i did:
1)cleaned headlights of previous veil with windex and turned on the high beams
2)shook the can and waited for a few minutes for it to settle and the lights to dry off
3)applied veil to both headlights and let it sit with the high beams on for 10-15 min
4)pulled my car out of the garage and let it sit for probably a good half hour to make sure the battery would be charged to keep the high beams on
5)pulled back in the garage and placed a hairdryer on each headlight (high beams still on)
6)moved the hairdryers every 8-10 or so minutes as to dry the entire light (this all lasted probably about an hour or an hour and 15 min. i did turn on the car for a bit during this time as to not have a dead battery at the end)

i was supprised to find that there was hardly any dust and dirt that got caught in the coating from the hairdryers. i then had to drive downtown for an appointment i had and was pleased to see that no more dirt or anything was added to the coating and it was all still there. now, two days later and about 50 miles on the highway and 30 through town, its still all there and definately not going anywhere

i love veil!

Rottman
04-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Anyone else used a hairdryer to dry veil?

JTW
04-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Sethy has

Rottman
04-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Sethy has :? Does that mean it's a good idea or not? :lol: :lol:

04-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Mackid ,

look like a good recipe for my wife's hair :wink:

Somedays she can use a few kilowatts of electricity , but the result is always Great :D

Rottman
04-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Mackid ,

Somedays she can use a few kilowatts of electricity , but the result is always Great :D I prefer the messy look myself.

JTW
04-02-2006, 03:45 PM

:lol:

Mackid343
04-02-2006, 10:06 PM

:lol:

:D i know what you mean - haha. sethy found that using a hairdryer increase the amount of dust and garbage that gets into the coating. this is not good as you want it took look clear and smooth, not streaky and full of dust. however, if its dry enough, you can use this to further dry it but the dust and dirt wont get caught inside. thats why i tried this tecnique

Mackid343
04-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Mackid ,

Somedays she can use a few kilowatts of electricity , but the result is always Great :D

how does that go? "the end justifies the means" - machiaveli? some quote from some old guy in history - haha. i should have listened better in that class last year :)

my gf says she spends quite some time too...but hey, she looks great too - haha

StlouisX50
04-03-2006, 10:32 AM
I tried this the first time, only to overheat the hairdryer :lol:

holein1
04-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Anyone else used a hairdryer to dry veil?

I have works good too for cold weather applications!

Rottman
04-03-2006, 02:35 PM

:lol: :lol: