PDA

View Full Version : 4th time apply Veil and Final Time!!

StlouisX50
04-13-2006, 12:08 PM
I was reading the post about using the laser pointer. Well I tried that and found some spots where the Veil was not on good enough. SO I put on a second layer of Veil and it covered the spots. Well on the one side that looked good, I thought I'd make things even and put a layer on that side too. Big mistake or was it? It was but then when I tried to wipe off the 2nd layer the 1st layer came off. Well that wasted Veil but then applied a new primary layer and it looks better than it did at first!

I tried 2 brushes. A Foam Brush that had applicator hairs on it. That worked ok at first but then messed up the second coat.

Then I bought a 3" brush and trimed it down so it fit just inside the Veil tub.
Worked perfect and made the coverage so much easier.
I recommend that everyone get a larger foam brush and trim it down. Less running of the Veil and less strokes needed

Also, I noticed that appling the Veil at 83 degrees worked out much much better than at 50-70 degrees. Went on smooth and streak free!

go.mouse
04-13-2006, 02:10 PM
83 deg F... I don't think I get to see that temperature any time of the year in Vancouver @@ The temperature here is still below 50F at the moment... sigh.

Show us some pics of your VEIL :)

Also, I noticed that appling the Veil at 83 degrees worked out much much better than at 50-70 degrees. Went on smooth and streak free!

Veil Guy
04-13-2006, 08:20 PM
definately warmer the temps help.

veil guy 8)

StlouisX50
04-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Actualy , like I said I would definatly buy a larger foam brush and cut it to barely fit into the Veil tub. It really helps alot.

The warm tempatures make the application so so much better.

I know it's hard to wait to put Veil on but now that I know how much better it looks I'd reccomend it for anyone else!!!