PDA

View Full Version : YES!!

sethy
04-15-2006, 01:10 AM
finally!!

The past month has been awful attempting to apply veil, and having it last that is. the chipping was a huge deal, I would apply it, and 4 days later it would chip away. now, I can offically say this. Applying veil in 50-55 degree weather, for 1 1/2 weeks, is NOT effective! I applied it in 3 days, in 70 degree weather, for 3 days (parked it in the sun every chance i could get). I had a huge storm tonight which I was cought in, and NO chipping!!

I will never have a jammer without veil, and tonight is the reason why....

Rain will damper a laser preformance, but it will extinguish a blinder. rain on the blinder laser jammer, will render it almost useless. However, if you have a passive "jammer" on your side, it will protect you 24/7, no matter what the condition, dirty or not.

I am so psyched, blinder m40 + veil...

Now all I need to do is secure my back with a jammer that can protect me...

Dilip
04-15-2006, 05:00 AM
Sethy

why is a jammer lesss effective during the rain? Is it because the raindrops get on the jammer head causing the beam to not spread properly?

here in HK i have never seen a speed trap during the rain.... they can't do it, the laser guns will get wet!

go.mouse
04-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Well my LPP jammed an Ultralyte till I passed him in the rain -

http://www.radardetector.net/Got-lasered-in-the-rain...-AL6.5-saved.-10792t.php

I wonder what evidence is Sethy's claim based on.

Sethy

why is a jammer lesss effective during the rain? Is it because the raindrops get on the jammer head causing the beam to not spread properly?

here in HK i have never seen a speed trap during the rain.... they can't do it, the laser guns will get wet!

sethy
04-15-2006, 10:44 AM
I wonder what evidence is Sethy's claim based on.
I should have clarified. This is for the blinder.

During a GOL test, it was like there was no jammer on my car in the rain.

AL6 jammed the stalker to the gun in the rain.

killer23d
04-15-2006, 03:57 PM
What kind of cop is that, still catching speeders when it rains????

Compare to what we have in Vancouver, cops are even more suicidal when they love to catch speeders on the bottom of a downhill road. There was a cop who got knocked down because a car couldn't stop fast enough :lol: , now he is still in serious condition.

sethy
04-15-2006, 10:41 PM
cops laser in the rain, its a common thing.

go.mouse
04-15-2006, 10:58 PM
A VPD cop on Knight Street, killer23d. :lol: in our beaitiful British Columbia.

What kind of cop is that, still catching speeders when it rains????

Compare to what we have in Vancouver, cops are even more suicidal when they love to catch speeders on the bottom of a downhill road. There was a cop who got knocked down because a car couldn't stop fast enough :lol: , now he is still in serious condition.

Rottman
04-17-2006, 02:19 PM
I thought you used a haridryer to dry your veil one time?

sethy
04-17-2006, 04:03 PM

I did this while it was still in th 50's. I had it on there for about 3 hours sitting on a ladder pointed at it. It still didnt hold it

Mackid343
04-17-2006, 10:20 PM
i'm gonig to be so glad when it gets warmer. i can reapply my veil again for the 3rd time and actually get it to stick! d@mn cold weather...

Rottman
04-18-2006, 08:28 AM

I did this while it was still in th 50's. I had it on there for about 3 hours sitting on a ladder pointed at it. It still didnt hold it Wow, I thought it worked, glad I asked.

DogGod
04-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Little off top. I read somewhere that laser has to be shot while the officer is stopped, and good weather ie. no rain, no fog, no snow. It seemed like it was a trustworthy place, but i or they could be wrong.

sethy
04-19-2006, 01:41 PM
The officer does have to be stopped while using laser.

However, new guns have incliment weather modes that allow LEO's to use laser in any weather.

DogGod
04-19-2006, 02:05 PM
that sucks, btw what does leo stand for?

Starr
04-19-2006, 02:14 PM
leo = Law Enforcement Officer

TeamQuack
04-20-2006, 01:03 AM
tomorrow is the day for me, 90 degrees here in NY. time to get it on!