Newcomer

Default 955 Good ol Laser

2 nights ago I decided to go for a drive/play a few hands of blackjack out in Wendover, NV 120 miles west of Salt Lake in my new car.

On the way back at around 2:30am, the laser goes off. Didn't pay too much attention to it. Speed limit was 75, I was doing about 80. I was only about 5 miles out of town. I keep on going on, but thought it was kinda odd. No sign of a pig anywhere. Few cars on the road here and there. About 1/2--1 mile futher, it goes off again. And once again about a mile later. Then it starts going nuts, RD just saying 'laser' and the annoying fast beeping for a good 5-10 seconds. My buddy starts laughing, 'dude it's broken, those things don't work'. About 1/4 mile later, we see him sitting on the sign of the road.

Yeah, just my lame ol story. Bored here at work with nothing better to do. Can anyone explain why it was going off a good 2 miles before we saw him. Was he not able to grab my speed before. Did he maybe grab it a second/third time as we got closer. Just odd that laser acted like this. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was K or KA.

So far, i'm impressed with this little badboy. Wish I had the money to fork out for a 995. But oh well, this puppy works, and I'm happy with it. Picked up a LEO a good 3 miles on KA the other day on my way home from work. He was on the side of the road busy with a fender bender.

Found out that night, my new car has a governer set at 110mph. 8)

Yoda of Radar

A lot of us with V1s have been able to pick up laser splatter whe cars ahead of us were targeted but I have never heard that with a bel unit, they are often lucky to pick up the signal when you are the target.

Power User

8)

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by amoney
    8)
    What does this mean?