Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default got my rx65 today!!!! SWS in my area or no?

it came with 2 mounts...one was in the shipping box...errr how do i know if my state uses SWS? "Rhode Island"

ohhh and it is ver 6.1!!

Professional

Welcome to the Forum. Rhode Island does not have SWS in place as far as I know. My suggestion is to turn KA mode to USA though as this will increase your detection range on KA band

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by aaseavey
    Welcome to the Forum. Rhode Island does not have SWS in place as far as I know. My suggestion is to turn KA mode to USA though as this will increase your detection range on KA band
    will do

heres another pic next to my p32 lol....same size as rx65 lmao

Professional

Nice picture :wink: ...Also...If X band is not active in your area turn that off too. And while your at it Shut POP off. POP is just plane old annoying and so is X band if LEO's do not use it.

Doing this will elimate a lot of false alerts and you will be much happier with your RX65. Welcome to the club. Make sure you mount it high (but avoid the tint strip at the top of the windsheild) and centered on the windsheild.

Good Citizen

Nice picture :wink: ...Also...If X band is not active in your area turn that off too. And while your at it Shut POP off. POP is just plane old annoying and so is X band if LEO's do not use it.

Doing this will elimate a lot of false alerts and you will be much happier with your RX65. Welcome to the club. Make sure you mount it high (but avoid the tint strip at the top of the windsheild) and centered on the windsheild.

according to the list here...my state uses Ka and laser so i will turn off pop and x

i have no tint strip on my window....2 options are...above mirror or center windshield just high enough to clear my hoodscoop...i wanted it kinda of hidden...but i guess right above hoodscoop would give me better results..the car is a garage queen so..sun and being stolen is not an issue!

Professional

Hardwire that sucker above your rear view mirror. You will get a lot better performance this way then just above your hood scoop. I did a test with a mustang with a 3 1/2 hood scoop; just above and above the rear view mirror and the results for radar detection range was very significant.

One more thing... Why did you buy off Ebay? Haven't you read the horror stories on here about Ebay?

Good Citizen

Hardwire that sucker above your rear view mirror. You will get a lot better performance this way then just above your hood scoop. I did a test with a mustang with a 3 1/2 hood scoop; just above and above the rear view mirror and the results for radar detection range was very significant.

One more thing... Why did you buy off Ebay? Haven't you read the horror stories on here about Ebay?

great..thats where i wanted it anyway!!!...i have a black phone cord so i'll get busy alittle later hehe

had a 2000gt and 2004 mach 1 and never used a radar detector

Professional

Ah. Well I wish you luck. I am very confident that you will enjoy your RX65

Good Citizen

Ah. Well I wish you luck. I am very confident that you will enjoy your RX65

hows this look?

Professional

Is there something above your rear view mirror besides your detector or is that a reflection of the rear view mirror?

I am trying to use common sense and I am thinking the RD can't stick to a CD compartment so I would say a reflection. If indeed it is a reflection great place to mount it. If it is looking into a wall of plastic move it to the left so it has a clear view.