Default how do I find out in tech mode what is a correct LEO freq?

is there a web site to find out want local & state agencies are using for radar and laser guns?

Yoda of Radar

Not to a full extent, check the Speed Trap Info threads...

Often it is unreliable to really say them and then rely on "only" those. Your best idea is to run on Tech Display and see what you get...

Default tried the Tech. mode today

well went to a area where I know where K band is (Walgreens @ 124.150) and (K-Mart @ 124.138) and reversed my travel and got the same freq's. but in the reversed order. Its interesting in the Tech. mode you can tell the difference in incoming bands and tell them apart to make kinda like a multiable bogie counter not the same but kinda, because in the normal mode (non-tech mode) all there was K-band beeping away. But in the tech. mode I could see there was 2 freq's. on K-band within 50 ft of each other.

Advanced Member

Basically, anything that the detector alerts to is potentially police radar. If there was a sure-fire way to tell the difference between police radar and other sources (motion sensors etc) based on the frequency alone, then the detector wouldn't even alert to the non-police sources.

Trying to identify a false alert vs police radar based on frequency alone is a recipe for trouble.

Jim

Power User

Default Re: tried the Tech. mode today

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Quattro
    well went to a area where I know where K band is (Walgreens @ 124.150) and (K-Mart @ 124.138) and reversed my travel and got the same freq's. but in the reversed order. Its interesting in the Tech. mode you can tell the difference in incoming bands and tell them apart to make kinda like a multiable bogie counter not the same but kinda, because in the normal mode (non-tech mode) all there was K-band beeping away. But in the tech. mode I could see there was 2 freq's. on K-band within 50 ft of each other.
    That i found out is true when you are familiar with the frequecy a source is emmiting and know what your local LEO frequencies are because K band alerts can be confusing if you don't know whats out there. 24.150 frequency is police radar and autodoor openers and be carefull when you see this number. There are drifts in police radar frequency and that is why it is essential to know what their frequency is.