Experienced

Default Bel E795 & V1 vs K speed sign

E795 - 1.2 miles

V1 - 1.6 miles

Suburbs, small curve... E795 tested late night with few cars, V1 tested today with fairly heavy traffic - the test isn't fair, maybe I'll try again tonight after traffic clears up.

E795 falses in places the V1 doesn't yet misses known door openers. Don't know if it's worth keeping or not...

edit: tried the V1 again, traffic about a 50% difference between - got 1.7 miles.

Yoda of Radar

1.2 miles is amazing for the 795, considering the V1 only got 1.6, then 1.7 respectfully.

Think about it:

A $60 unit with a range that is ~3/4's that of a $400 unit... and X&K band are the bands the V1 is most noted for. So ~3/4 the range, for less then 1/6th the cost. :shock: :shock:

Professional

Default Re: Bel E795 & V1 vs K speed sign

Quote Originally Posted by Radar_Dick
    E795 - 1.2 miles

V1 - 1.6 miles

Suburbs, small curve... E795 tested late night with few cars, V1 tested today with fairly heavy traffic - the test isn't fair, maybe I'll try again tonight after traffic clears up.

E795 falses in places the V1 doesn't yet misses known door openers. Don't know if it's worth keeping or not...

edit: tried the V1 again, traffic about a 50% difference between - got 1.7 miles.
    that dog dont hunt :roll: anyways it just shows you that even cheapy radardetectors can help :wink:

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    So ~3/4 the range, for less then 1/6th the cost.
    Probably a very good first RD or decent backup - I've bought 2 cobras & I consider myself tech savvy... oops. My cousin has an old cordless Solo that I borrowed many years ago (?1998?).

Quote Originally Posted by carlito
    anyways it just shows you that even cheapy radardetectors can help
    Against constant on & for light speeders, but if you're looking for that first alert to instant on you may need to step it up.

Professional

So ~3/4 the range, for less then 1/6th the cost.
    Probably a very good first RD or decent backup - I've bought 2 cobras & I consider myself tech savvy... oops. My cousin has an old cordless Solo that I borrowed many years ago (?1998?).

Quote Originally Posted by carlito
    anyways it just shows you that even cheapy radardetectors can help
    Against constant on & for light speeders, but if you're looking for that first alert to instant on you may need to step it up.
    ya. it does good on instant/on from short ranges tho on the 35.5 ka band :wink:

Yoda of Radar

Yeah, my E795 is certianly a solid RD and I have had no complaints about it... as a matter of fact my E795 is most certainly a freak! It sounds like you got one too... join the club with boomerman, I and a few others who got rock solid E795's.

Founder of Stealthvation

I hate to say it but the E795 does not impress me ONE BIT. A Whistler model is better in my opinion
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Bel E795 & V1 vs K speed sign

E795 - 1.2 miles

V1 - 1.6 miles

That is way better than my 795. Looks like you have a keeper for $59.99! My 795 had very few false alarms, but I think that was mostly due to it's low sensitivity. I did have Ka falses from other RDs. It would stay totally silent until you were right next to the polluter, then it would blast out an instant on Ka alert. Scared the hell out of me!

GTO_04

Old Timer

Default Re: 795

I got a good 795 model. Each detector is certainly made differently though.

Newcomer

Yeah, my E795 is certianly a solid RD and I have had no complaints about it... as a matter of fact my E795 is most certainly a freak! It sounds like you got one too... join the club with boomerman, I and a few others who got rock solid E795's.
    im rockin one.. i love it