Good Citizen

Default Has anyone put the STi against 34.3Ghz photoradar yet?

Hey guys,

As the subject says, has anyone tried the STi against the Multanova photoradar? (34.3Ghz)

We have the Multanova here in Aus...

I have the STi on order as my V995 packed up a few nights ago....

Anyone?

Cheers,

Ford_Power

Experienced

Default Re: Has anyone put the STi against 34.3Ghz photoradar yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ford_Power1
    Hey guys,

As the subject says, has anyone tried the STi against the Multanova photoradar? (34.3Ghz)
    Ford_Power
    We've a possible case here last night. A week Ka from both directions from a parked police van. STi went off app. 200 meters before van both ways.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by D.E.T
    Hey guys,

Ford_Power
    We've a possible case here last night. A week Ka from both directions from a parked police van. STi went off app. 200 meters before van both ways.
    Good news... and thanks for the quick reply...

Anyone else?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by D.E.T
    Hey guys,

Ford_Power
    But I guess still not as good as the Bel 975R or the 966R right?

Speed Demon

We have quite a lot of these around and usually I get plenty of warning. However there's one particular van that seems to be running a lower power beam that's more problematic. I've had a couple of recent encounters where he's been facing away on the opposite side of a dual carriageway that have been tight. First I was in the fast lane, hard up against a concrete median barrier approx waist high with no line of sight from the RD to the camera which was on the opposite side facing away. I would only just have had time to slow if I'd been speeding.

Coming back later in the day I thought I was going to have the ultimate showdown with a V1 equiped MX 5 who was sitting in front of me with the top down heading right for the van. Unfortunately I couldn't remember the exact location of the van that he was speeding towards and because of the limited warning earlier.. I bottled out ops: I got enough warning again. All the MX5 did was change lanes as he hit it. I'd love to know if he got away with it or not.

Second tight encounter was similar situation but without the median barrier. It was pouring rain and again that would have been tight if I'd been speeding.

At least with the A3M8 revision onward you can pretty much rely on Ka alerts being the real thing and react with confidence if you're speeding.

I guess you'll just have to cautiously explore the performance envelope of your STi under your conditions.

Good Citizen

Excellent review carbonhed! Thanks!

You are right though - it's just going to have to be a slow process to see how well the STi goes and to gain some confidence in it.

Anybody else have any experiences to add?

Cheers,

Ford_Power