Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Are We Sure STi's are 100% Stealthed!!!???? Close CALL

Last week I was on the 401 around Chatham area at night!!!! I had my STi Driver on. As I was moving pass there he was in the U turn area facing the same way I was going. All I saw were the stripes of the car lighting up as I went by him. My STi driver was quiet, before and after I went by him. There was another vehicle a way behind me, and then................I saw another set of lights!!!!! behind him. Still no alert from my STi!!! I decided to shut er down!!! At that moment I saw a second set of lights on that car............yah the ones you don't want to see!!! It pulled over the car that was a bit behind me.

My important question!!!!! I was wondering if he had a spectre in it and the other car had an RD in it, or he had an instant on and turned it on the second vehicle going a bit too fast or the fearing the worst is that somehow he picked me off and shutting it down on time thinking it was coming from the car behind me who he pulled over..................... I guess I will never know!
    Boy talk about :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? How do we know that every unit is working to what they say it is. I don't want to go through anything like this again.........way to close for comfort!!!! Oh by the by I was on Highway mode and DARK lighting

ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS!!!!

Yoda of Radar

Yep that is a close one. How fast were you guys going?

Good Citizen

I was only doing about 5 kms over....................lucky or what! That's why I am concerned about it!!

Advanced Member

I think you're just paranoid. If the Sti wasnt 100% stealthed we'd have heard someone getting pinched by now. Who knows why they lit up.. laser, improper plates, pacing or maybe the other car did have an RD.

It would be extraordinary bad luck to get mis-identified by Spectre with the following car having an Rd.

Good Citizen

Parinoid or not.....................just a little too close for that comfort zone :!:

I will never know the answer to this one eh!

Old Timer

the STI didnt set off the spectre from 16 inches away. I wouldnt think it would give the cop any warning

Good Citizen

I guess you have to believe in your product then! He must have been was the dude behind me for what ever reason. Sorry for his luck though.

But what a co-incidence.

It's good to have re-assurance.......thanks 8)

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    the STI didnt set off the spectre from 16 inches away. I wouldnt think it would give the cop any warning
    At the rate of inconsistancy that Bel is experiencing with the STI at the moment i wouldnt put it past them that every couple detectors leak enough to be picked up by a spectre

I asked Roy to test mine against his Spectre 3 before he sent it to me and as i trust Roy I beleive him that he did it and it passed the test...but I am still paranoid even after driving next to a cop with a spectre...for all i know he had it off...but for now Ill assume it was on.

You can never be too carefull...especially when it comes to Bel and their questionable quality control :roll: :roll: ops: ops:

Good Citizen

Well the next time I will have to leave it on and put it through the test................but if I get stopped and it's taken away............... guess who will be paying for everything!!!

Power User

There's no question about it, the Spectre/Stalcar can't see the STi. I wouln't worry about that. Stalker, will you do some more testing comparing it to your RX65? I'm interested in the STi's detection performance compared to the other high end detectors.