Good Citizen

Default Newly repaired Beltronics unit still giving me error message

I just received my Bel 970 detector back from Beltronics repair and on the service order they indictated that they replaced the antenna and updated the software on the unit.

I plugged my detector into a 12 volt power supply and it started up fine but when I went to switch from highway to city mode all of the sudden I get a L03 PLL Lock? message and then a "Messages" message followed by the repeat blinking and beeping of the PLL Lock L03 problem.

That was the whole reason why I sent the unit in the first place. What's even more bizarre is that it seems that everytime I change power sources (from a benchtop 12volt supply) to a car it gives me that error message.

If I shut it off an reboot then its perfectly fine.

What is a L03 error exactly anyways?

Thanks

Good Citizen

PLL generally refers to "Phase-Locked Loop"

PLL circuitry is employed by many (almost all) receivers. "PLL" is a means by which to control a receiver (LO in this case) to keep it in a fixed relative phase to a given reference.

In otherwords... your Bel is having problem, and it appears to be with the PLL circuitry. It will need to go for service again unfortunately.

What model Bel is it?

Cheers,

Ford_Power

Good Citizen

Default Beltronics repair depot

That is what I figured it was.

Local oscillator is hooped or on its way out the door.

At least bel said they would fix it again and pay for all charges to ship back to them.

Its a Vector LR (Bel 970)

Radar Fanatic

Shame to have to ship it back so soon after just getting it back.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by CactusMan
    Shame to have to ship it back so soon after just getting it back.
    X2 ..............That Sucks........... :?

Newcomer

yeah Bel are the inconsistant ones ...they have alot of trouble getting anything right!

Old Timer

Default steve

Stevecivic, I would call Bel and have them send you a prepaid shipping label so you could send it back to them "yet again". I had to send my former Bel 970 in 6 times man. Boy was I NOT HAPPY! I now have the 995 to replace the 970. I miss the range my 970 had at one time. It almost always impressed me before the problems started.

Good Citizen

Default beltronics repair

Beltronics is sending me a ups prepaid waybill to Canada b/c I complained to them that my RD is still giving me the same error as it did before I sent it in.

Interestingly enough I noticed that my Bel 985 reboots itself every so often. I was on a drive up north and out of the blue it just seem like it reset or lost power for like 1/2 sec and then turned back on.

Maybe it could be my cig lighter but it happened in a '05 rsx and in a 92 civic which both have perfectly clean lighter sockets. I inspected the 12 volt in jack on the unit and it looks perfect and the cord when wiggled does nothing to make it lose power.

anyone have the same issues with bizarre reboots?

Radar Fanatic

A glitch in your electrical system could be causing a reboot. A bad alternator or anything causing a momentary voltage drop could be the cause. However, the 985 has a low voltage warning and I would think it would show. It will say "Low Volts." I've had that a few times while starting my car if I forgot to turn the 985 off after my previous trip.

GTO_04