Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problems with my Bel RX 65, Roy if you know any way to fix

It is constantly saying Self Call 7 and Self Call 3. Than it says service required. I will turn the truck off or disconnect and turn back on and it will work for about 5 minutes and the same thing happens. It blinks Self Call 7 or 3 and says service required. I called Bel and they said to send it in but I would be out of a detector for 14 days. If anyone knows any way I might be able to fix this. Thanks!!!!!!

Advanced Member

You're probably best sending it to BEL....something is definetely wrong
    How long have you had it? If not long insist they replace the unit.
    Good Luck.'
    I personally have found that Bel's customer service Sucks

Radar Fanatic

That sounds serious. I'd send it in. Even if you found a way to clear the error there's no telling if it would be working right. Definitely wouldn't trust it until it's been serviced.

Lead Foot

I did experience something like this with mine when I 1st got it. But it hasn't done it in a good while. IF it DOES re-occur, I'll be sending it back ASAP.

One thing you can try is to go thru the factory RESET and get it back to factory configuration, then mod the settings the way you had before. See if it kicks out the same Self-Cal alerts. Go thru normal power-up, as in turn on and off using the power - on button, rather than leaving the power on when you shut down your vehicle. Power surges from your electrical system may be the cause (just throwing out ideas) if power was left on when you shut the vehicle off.

I'm not saying you may have an electrical problem in your car.

Old Timer

Why in the world does the rx65 do this so much? I hear this all the time...

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Why in the world does the rx65 do this so much? I hear this all the time...
    If I had to guess, I'd say it may be voltage-related to power-up/start-up/self-test circuits. Wish I could prove it though...

I have only had mine since February. I bought it from Radar Roy and I love mine except for the major problems I am having with it lately. Every 5-10 minutes after it's been on it goes to either self call 3 or 7 and says service required. i just turned my truck on and reset it to factory settings to see if that works. I will let you know. I was hoping Roy would reply and maybe he knows if there is something I can do to stop it. I just don't want to loose my detector for 14 days to Bel. I am a travelling sales rep and my territory is MD and VA and I travel a'lot.

Founder of Stealthvation

If you bought it from Roy then you are in EXCELLENT hands the best in the industry in my opinion. I am sure he will help you.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Administrator

Default Send it to me

If you purchased it from me, return it to me with copy of invoice and a note and I'll exchange it for a new unit

This problem can happen with a voltage surge
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by scook2
    I have only had mine since February. I bought it from Radar Roy and I love mine except for the major problems I am having with it lately. Every 5-10 minutes after it's been on it goes to either self call 3 or 7 and says service required. i just turned my truck on and reset it to factory settings to see if that works. I will let you know. I was hoping Roy would reply and maybe he knows if there is something I can do to stop it. I just don't want to loose my detector for 14 days to Bel. I am a travelling sales rep and my territory is MD and VA and I travel a'lot.
    I'm in VA too, so if you want me to check it out for you I can do that at some point. I'm in Fairfax if that's in close range to you.