Default Problems with BNIB RX65

Heya Guys,
    I'm new to the forums...Currently driving an 05 Malibu LT and I seem to be having some issues with the unit itself...

Within 10 minutes of plugging it in, the unit began to flash SelfCal and then Service Required...After searching around for a bit I gathered some imformation:

The voltage coming through the lighter is between 12.5-13.7 constant while car is running.
    The firmware is 6.1 (Like i said its BNIB)
    I purchased the unit from a friend that works for a distributor of Bel. Figured it was my best bet.

I live in CT so, max car temp with windows up in direct sunlight most likely around 110*-120*...So it's not really an overheat issue IMO.

Any suggestions?

Advanced Member

All you can really do is return it and get a different one, or send it to BEL to be repaired if it's under warranty...

Speed Demon

Default Re: Problems with BNIB RX65

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Menace
    Heya Guys,
    I'm new to the forums...Currently driving an 05 Malibu LT and I seem to be having some issues with the unit itself...

Within 10 minutes of plugging it in, the unit began to flash SelfCal and then Service Required...After searching around for a bit I gathered some imformation:

The voltage coming through the lighter is between 12.5-13.7 constant while car is running.
    The firmware is 6.1 (Like i said its BNIB)
    I purchased the unit from a friend that works for a distributor of Bel. Figured it was my best bet.

I live in CT so, max car temp with windows up in direct sunlight most likely around 110*-120*...So it's not really an overheat issue IMO.

Any suggestions?
    The unit has fallen out of calibration. It needs to be serviced at Beltronics. If under warranty no problem, if no proof of purchase from an authorized dealer you are looking at a minimum of $59.95. I just sent my RX65 in today and he quoted me a 14-20 BUSINESS DAY turnaround to get it back. Good Luck