Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Does it work or not?

I have been having my RX65 for a month, and so far I have been only getting 100% fause signal. Last night I went out to find cops, and I saw 4 patrol police cars, but my RX65 just didn't go off at all. Is mine broken? or can someone provide some good ways to test the functionbility of detectors? Thanks

Lead Foot

you may have passed by 4 LEO's but they probably didint have their radar on. it was probably a get 2gether and eating donuts, drinking coffe, n filling out paperwork. your rx65 is prob working..you just havent experienced real threats. one thing you could do is run by a nearest cvs or sumthin and see if ur RD gets K band from a good distance.

Lead Foot

o n btw...where did you get your rx65 may i ask?

Advanced Member

1) It's a radar detector not a cop detector

2) Auto door signals are not false alerts. This equipment operates legitimately on the K and X band frequencys and the RD quite appropriately alerts to the signal.

Newcomer

I just hit one SPEEDTRAP!, and I was trying to test out the detector without proper mounting (not driving my car, my car is in dealership for repair). I put the detector on the dash, and it just won't go off!! The traffic was pretty jammed up too, don't understand the reason for that speedtrap. The cop was handhelding a gun with two lenses, so was the cop using LASER? or RADAR? Can the detector pick up the signal if I just place it on the dash?

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by xihua
    Got it from a ebay seller for USD$200, but kind of regreted for not getting it from RadarRoy. Because the seller pill off the serial number tag, I can't get any warranty.

Newcomer

you may have passed by 4 LEO's but they probably didint have their radar on. it was probably a get 2gether and eating donuts, drinking coffe, n filling out paperwork. your rx65 is prob working..you just havent experienced real threats. one thing you could do is run by a nearest cvs or sumthin and see if ur RD gets K band from a good distance.
    I am new to here. What's LEO? What's CVS?

Yoda of Radar

LEO
    Law Enforcement Officer

CVS
    Chain of pharmacy/drugstore things in United States (think Shopper's Drug Mart or whatever it's called there...)

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by mazda3_GT
    Got it from a ebay seller for USD$200, but kind of regreted for not getting it from RadarRoy. Because the seller pill off the serial number tag, I can't get any warranty.
    Right there is your answer--does it pick up ANYTHING as when you go by stores etc...?

Peeled off the serial number, I bet its stolen for one and warrenty work will not happen--so either get your money back or run over it! and dont buy a RD from Ebay again. lesson learned

Lead Foot

ehhh yeh ebay.. if you can return it or sell it..i would highly recommend that. im not going to go thru the whole storry of why to avoid ebay and the whole shady stuff but yeh..sell it or return it and buy from roy.