Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default RX65 Initial Observations/Questions -RX65 Owners Please Read

Ok, I just got my RX65 Pro on eBay from the seller fondus. It is running the software version 4.5.

I just took two pretty good long trips with it and have some questions.

When driving it seems to me like the detector falses more than it is actually alerting me of cops. It also liked to false Laser and POP quite a bit, it happened at least 5-6 times.

I know that there are plenty of cops using instant-on but I did pass a few cops gunning and ones obviously looking for speeders and my detector stayed quite.

I have it mounted in the middle of my front window so it has full visability out the rear.

And last, the detector is always vibrating and shaking on the front windshield whenever I am moving even if it is on a very smooth highway. Does this effect anythign or should I have it mounted differently?

All in all the detector worked alright, it picked up a few K and KA's from much farther than I thought it would but it didn't really perform as I expected. I would just like to know if I should maybe try and use the eBay warranty to get a new one or is this how it should be working?

Thanks for your time,
    Eric

Newcomer

mine rarely falses but i have the m4 antenna with v2.9 i think the older ones falesed a little more but you really shouldnt have got it from ebay they always seem to have problems unless your one of the lucky ones

Banned

Mine old RX65 falsed laser whenever I use my cell phone.

Good Citizen

Just give it some time..... I bought my RX65 off eBay about 6 months ago and have had no problems with it. (V. 6.1 w/M4 antenna). I run mine in Highway mode all the time. I want to be aware of every alert. I know where my detector falses in my area anyway.

Speed Demon

Default Re: RX65 Initial Observations/Questions -RX65 Owners Please

Quote Originally Posted by espett
    Ok, I just got my RX65 Pro on eBay from the seller fondus.
    Ok, well, I certainly won't be the first or the last to tell you this...but you should not have bought from ebay...you just don't know what you are getting. And think of it this way..if you buy off of ebay..you do not have the manufacturers warranty(Yes, I know that Fondus gives you an in house warranty...but you never know, what if something happens to fondus???), so if it ever breaks, you may have to spend the money to have it repaired. And then you would be pretty close to the price you would have paid from a dealer. Also, I know that fondus sell his units for $200-$229, think about this. Wholesale price from beltronics to dealers for the Rx65 is $249.00, so how is he getting them so cheap?? Not new, maybe refurb...but not new. I know that the prices on ebay make it tempting...I actually thought about it myself once or twice...but I think it is much smarter to stay with the one I have, and save up some money....and buy from a dealer

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by jdreynss
    Quote Originally Posted by espett
    Ok, I just got my RX65 Pro on eBay from the seller fondus.
    Ok, well, I certainly won't be the first or the last to tell you this...but you should not have bought from ebay...you just don't know what you are getting. And think of it this way..if you buy off of ebay..you do not have the manufacturers warranty(Yes, I know that Fondus gives you an in house warranty...but you never know, what if something happens to fondus???), so if it ever breaks, you may have to spend the money to have it repaired. And then you would be pretty close to the price you would have paid from a dealer. Also, I know that fondus sell his units for $200-$229, think about this. Wholesale price from beltronics to dealers for the Rx65 is $249.00, so how is he getting them so cheap?? Not new, maybe refurb...but not new. I know that the prices on ebay make it tempting...I actually thought about it myself once or twice...but I think it is much smarter to stay with the one I have, and save up some money....and buy from a dealer

most of them are new sealed rx65's!

Banned

Repackaging a refurbished unit ain't that hard :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by ImmuneSTi
    most of them are new sealed rx65's!

Newcomer

They pretty much answered everything for you, but the rattle. Take a close look at it, you can bend the metal piece (but be very careful with it). Mine doesn't bounce at all, and as far as I know they shouldn't be bouncing on a smooth road. So just give it another close look. Good luck with the ebay detector, hopefully nothing will go wrong with it.

Newcomer

Also, what are the little black circle pads that came with it for?

Yoda of Radar

You mean the ones you stick on the bracket to stop it vibrating?