Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default I took the e795 out for a spin yesterday

That POS doesn't go off where the V1 does & falses all over the place on Ka. I suppose if it was just used to prevent the most obvious traps it'd be OK but it's definitely not a daily detector.

Speed Demon

hmmm...sounds like you got on of the bad ones, because mine hardly ever falses, and gives me plenty of range..... [replacer_img]

Old Timer

Default issue

The only issue w/ mine is I wish is had a louder speaker. That thing isn't loud enough in the truck.

Speed Demon

It seems that there was no quality control on this model at all.

Old Timer

Default low end

Bel low end model.

I think I got a good one. Doesn't false much and seems to have pretty good range. One quirk I've noticed is that if the LEO is using ka, it has a tendency to alert on x first, then after a while it sees the ka signal but by then the ka signal is strong so it gives an instant on ka alert. I've seen this behaviour several times now. I know it's not instant on ka, because in a few cases the leo already had someone pulled over and was out of the car. The x alert isn't a false since it never occurs in the places where this has happened. The range at which the x alert occurs (when it's really ka) is pretty good, the range at which it gives the ka alert in this situation is poor. So I just take x alerts more seriously and have good range.

Other times it has just given a normal ka alert without alerting on x first and in this case the range has been pretty good as well.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
    It seems that there was no quality control on this model at all.
    Bel quality control isn't good, they randomly check units from the production line. They rely to much on computers. The best Bel detectors have ever owned were hand tuned.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: I took the e795 out for a spin yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Radar_Dick
    That POS doesn't go off where the V1 does & falses all over the place on Ka. I suppose if it was just used to prevent the most obvious traps it'd be OK but it's definitely not a daily detector.

Worst of all worlds, low sensitivity and high false alarms! At least mine had low false alarms to go along with low sensitivity. K band range was line of sight half mile only. Ka band range was about 500 ft. max so that would explain fewer Ka falses.

GTO_04

Speed Demon

The thing about the 795 is that the quality varies so much from unit to unit. I have heard of some people who got795's the were bad. On the other hand, the one I had was phenomenal, and I regret getting rid of it.

You buy low end...you get low end results. I recommend you look at getting a v895 or v955.