Default RX65 Miami/Florida

I am visiting the sunshine state on vacation next month and was wondering what speeding devices they utilise. I have an RX65 which I want to tailor to the right frequenices in order to provide maximum protection but also minimise on any false alerts. From the list on the forum by state it shows that Florida do NOT use the X band. However, the Florida driver resource which provides details of speedtraps show that the law enforcement agencies utilise equipment which use Radar (X,K,Ka Bands) & LIDAR. This contradicts the forum recommendation. Any help or idea on what the best optoion would be on an RX65 would be appreciated

Lastly, should I turn off POP band

Lead Foot

Default Re: RX65 Miami/Florida

Quote Originally Posted by nsegal
    I am visiting the sunshine state on vacation next month and was wondering what speeding devices they utilise. I have an RX65 which I want to tailor to the right frequenices in order to provide maximum protection but also minimise on any false alerts. From the list on the forum by state it shows that Florida do NOT use the X band. However, the Florida driver resource which provides details of speedtraps show that the law enforcement agencies utilise equipment which use Radar (X,K,Ka Bands) & LIDAR. This contradicts the forum recommendation. Any help or idea on what the best optoion would be on an RX65 would be appreciated

Lastly, should I turn off POP band
    Not 100% sure if Florida is using POP they may have it but possible not be using it? I though I read in the forum in the past that Florida State Police was using POP? You will have more falsing on K and Ka with it on and possible overall detection range could be less then when it is off? When I'm not sure I use POP detection.