Newcomer

Default Percentage of hits from front vs. rear

I live in VA and had to install my STI in an axius visor pouch. It is hidden pretty well but I am wondering how much my coverage is degraded especially from the rear. What percentage of hits would you say come from the front as opposed to the rear?

Thanks.

Default STX??

Whats a STX? Do you mean STI? I would think getting hit from the front is the highest % that we get lasered at. Yeah, there are some people here that have been hit from the rear with laser but I'm they have seen the cop and time to slow down to not really worry about it.

Newcomer

Thanks, I edited. It is a STI

Newcomer

Default Re: Percentage of hits from front vs. rear

Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    I live in VA and had to install my STI in an axius visor pouch. It is hidden pretty well but I am wondering how much my coverage is degraded especially from the rear. What percentage of hits would you say come from the front as opposed to the rear?

Thanks.
    As you may already know, VA troopers have both forward and backward facing radar in their patrol cars, so on the highways you are likely to be hit in both directions. Depending on where you live, K, KA and laser bands are all in use in VA.

Have fun testing your RD

Yoda of Radar

I would say on your normal routes... anywheres between 96-100% of the hits are front facing... even though as above stated they may have dual antennas (just like NYSTroopers), you will still be oncoming to them in most cases, except they can get you from their rear.

On the highways (and thruways), with overpasses, LEO's are starting to really target the rears of cars... as you go by so I would say 95% on those roads.

As far as the rear detection being degraded... with radar it shouldnt be at all... because the STi doesnt have a rear-facing antenna like the V1, so the radar waves have to travel past the car and bounce back to the STi anyways.
    Laser may be effected, but to be honest, with a hit from the rear with laser... without a jammer- even if the detector alerts, your most certainly toast.

One note: I have never heard of/seen a "axius visor pouch", but as long as there are no metallic items infront of the Sti (like a zipper) you should be ok.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    I would say on your normal routes... anywheres between 96-100% of the hits are front facing... even though as above stated they may have dual antennas (just like NYSTroopers), you will still be oncoming to them in most cases, except they can get you from their rear.

On the highways (and thruways), with overpasses, LEO's are starting to really target the rears of cars... as you go by so I would say 95% on those roads.

As far as the rear detection being degraded... with radar it shouldnt be at all... because the STi doesnt have a rear-facing antenna like the V1, so the radar waves have to travel past the car and bounce back to the STi anyways.
    Laser may be effected, but to be honest, with a hit from the rear with laser... without a jammer- even if the detector alerts, your most certainly toast.

One note: I have never heard of/seen a "axius visor pouch", but as long as there are no metallic items infront of the Sti (like a zipper) you should be ok.
    It's actually an organizer for your visor. You can get them from Wal-mart for about $4.00. I modified it after seeing another post on this forum.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore