Default STi Driver behind opaque windscreen

I ride a sportbike in Ontario and have mounted my STi Driver under the opaque portion of my windscreen. The detector is mounted properly (flat, level and pointed forwards). From what I understand the detector will not pick up laser because it cannot see through the windscreen, however, my RADAR detector capabilities should not be affected. IS THIS TRUE??

no not really unless it has metalics of anykind in it i.e some tints

North of 45 //

the detector will not pick up laser because it cannot see through the windscreen,
    False , infrared should pass through , test the transmission with a tv remote and any digital cam .

Yoda of Radar
    In front of my computer

It depends if the plastic is dark or clear with IR. For example there is a plastic covering on the front of the STI. It is clear at 904 nm for sure, look with a nightvision camera and you can see inside the RD. But at visible light it is dark. The windscreen might be dark also in IR but probably not.

Good Citizen

The answer depends on the materials that it is made of. The others have talked about laser and testing it with a remote. The radar detection can also be affected if the tint uses metal (as some do). There is no easy way to test it other than drive slowly towards a speedtrap or a supermarket. If it is a supermarket, you will need to be able to compare against another detector to ensure that your range is not compromised. Good luck.