Good Citizen

Default RX65 Permanently Wired

Received my hardwire kit this week (Tuesday - Thanks Roy!) but waited until last night to put it in. With temps over 100 (cooling off to 96 by 11PM), yesterday's high of 83 seemed like the perfect opportunity to install it.

I already had power wires routed in my ceiling from my previous RD so I just spliced this on into that one. I left enough excess up there to be able to lower the RD to mid level window for my long trips. My last long trip was from El Paso to Birmingham, Alabama taking only 14.5 hours. ;-) That was speeds ranging from 50 to 130 (when possible and safe - namely on that long empty I-10 corridor between El Paso and I20 - one stretch I was able to maintain over 120 for 2 hours). Normally the RD is right below the tint line for my normal driving around town.

Newcomer

Default Re: RX65 Permanently Wired

Quote Originally Posted by The Walt
    Received my hardwire kit this week (Tuesday - Thanks Roy!) but waited until last night to put it in. With temps over 100 (cooling off to 96 by 11PM), yesterday's high of 83 seemed like the perfect opportunity to install it.

I already had power wires routed in my ceiling from my previous RD so I just spliced this on into that one. I left enough excess up there to be able to lower the RD to mid level window for my long trips. My last long trip was from El Paso to Birmingham, Alabama taking only 14.5 hours. ;-) That was speeds ranging from 50 to 130 (when possible and safe - namely on that long empty I-10 corridor between El Paso and I20 - one stretch I was able to maintain over 120 for 2 hours). Normally the RD is right below the tint line for my normal driving around town.
    Now that's what I call making time! I usually go 100-110 from Baton Rouge, LA to New Orleans when I go (when safe). Did the RX-65 save your arse on your trip?

Advanced Member

guys you can't expect a radar detector to save you at those speeds a cop doesn't have to have a radar on to know you are speeding and at those speeds you will be hit with speeding ticket as well as wreckless driving. Radar detecor if used correctly utlizing smart speeding will keep you ticket free

But without a laser jammer your still screwed to if doing 15mph + a cop will hit you with laser you might be alerted of your soon to come ticket

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

Default Re: RX65 Permanently Wired

Quote Originally Posted by dollarrbill
    Quote Originally Posted by The Walt

Now that's what I call making time! I usually go 100-110 from Baton Rouge, LA to New Orleans when I go (when safe). Did the RX-65 save your arse on your trip?
    I didn't have my Bel then. Just a cheap Whistler 1773. I don't expect them to save me much when going that fast. Usually the CB helps a lot more for those kinds of speeds/trips. To its credit though, I was saved a couple times by the Whistler when doing my normal speeding - 10-15 MPH over.