Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default RX65 and lasered today

Got lasered this morning. The PSL was 65 and I was slowing down from about 80 (I know their spot and already seen the top of the crown vic. ). After I came into their view, the RX65 and the AL went off.

Here is the good part, I'd the RX65 mounted above the RVM behind the factory tint band AND behind the 35% extra tint I've got on the windshield :wink:. I mounted the V1 at this same spot and got no alert when I got laser couple weeks ago. It's a good start for the RX65

The RX65 false about 50% less than the V1, too bad I can't tell you about the RX65 and the 3.856 V1 real radar performance..haven't seen a real radar threat yet.

Power User

You really don't expect us to believe that the RX65 picked up laser when the V1 didn't and that the RX65 falsed 50% less than the V1? I would pull out the BS flag but I can't seem to find it right now.

Good Citizen

OK, RX65 picking up laser is hard to believe..but how is it hard to believe the RX65 false less :?

About the laser, these happened on separate occasions and only happened ONCE.. so I'm not trying to conclude about the two detectors, just telling it like it is

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by <<JAZZY>>
    You really don't expect us to believe that the RX65 picked up laser when the V1 didn't and that the RX65 falsed 50% less than the V1? I would pull out the BS flag but I can't seem to find it right now.
    He's got both RD's Jazzy and he's just reporting his experiences. I know that's really hard to accept but why don't you save up all the money you get from flipping burgers and try one of the other top detectors?

Then you'll have something worthwhile to talk about.

Radar Fanatic

A freind of has a V1 and i have the rx65 he drove a few cars ahead of me. On the ride he had six K band alerts. I only had 2 one of which was real. Since then he has sold his V1 and gotten a X50. As for laser the V! is better no ?. The reason you got an alert was most lickly because the LEO aimed high or you got a lucky reflection.

Radar Fanatic

I'm starting to think that the Rev 6.1 RX65 might have much improved laser detection. Somebody posted a vid a couple weeks ago where it seemed to be doing pretty well.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    I'm starting to think that the Rev 6.1 RX65 might have much improved laser detection. Somebody posted a vid a couple weeks ago where it seemed to be doing pretty well.
    x2, i hope they did it to the x50's as well

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by WRC
    Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    x2, i hope they did it to the x50's as well
    yeah that would benice for the X50 owners

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by <<JAZZY>>
    well from what I gather it was on 2 separate occasions, under 2 separate sets of circumstances, so I can believe this, ill bet the V1 didnt get a hit either because its sensitive to the tint on the windshield (I thought that was past Illegal) or that he wasnt getting Lasered......... Tvbi, did the ALs alert in that case, did you see the LEO aim at you????

Good Citizen

Yes the AL did went off when I tested the V1 up behind the tint. Maybe this LEO didn't have a steady hand and accidently aimed at the windshield right at the RX65

I'm sure I'll see them again as they are there at least twice a week on my way to work. I'll report back