Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Vector 940 Performance

Well, I know most here are big on the top 3 or 4 but I was able to assess my new Beltronics v940 on the ridiculous Ohio Turnpike (I-80) today from Cleveland to Toledo.

3 State Troopers hunting in a fashion that reminded me oddly of trolling for walleye.

First one, picked a short K burst about 2 bars. Started the trip odometer.
    about a 1.75 miles over a slight hill, the Trooper had a car pulled over to the right. I was pleased with that sensitivity.

Second, picked up a short Ka burst, again about 2 bars. Started the odometer, this time 2.2 miles over an even steeper grade. State Trooper sitting in the median turn around between the walls. I was thrilled with this Ka sensitivity.

Never did get a visual on the third Ka burst. Ohio patrol can't seem to get enough of instant on. With the exception of a Canal Fulton city LEO driving around with X band blazing. No laser at all, which suprized me after reading all of Sethy's post's about LaserFest 2006 in Ohio. Hoping to get painted on my next trip down to Akron.

The v940 was mounted center about 2 inches above the wipers.

After reading posts in this forum I almost swapped the 940 for the 995 but this puppy performs just fine. Almost never falses except in heavy commercial areas. I can definetly recommend this unit for those not wanting to shell out the heavy bucks.

Old Timer

Default post

Nice post, I see you are from Michigan huh? Make sure you watch out for those LEOS in Ohio. They have practically all of the speed monitoring equipment.

Newcomer

Thx. From Michigan yes. Travel out your way often. as well as into Indiana.

Read an interesting post about I-94 Between Marshall and Jackson, which is a frequent route of mine as well. It stated there is a POP gun out there.

If there is. I'll run into it I'm sure.

Ohio is a riot. There's always was some Cheez Whiz to follow for cannon fodder.

Speed Demon

Good for you!! Please keep posting about your experience, we need more data than just the top 3.

Professional

Man when i had my 940 i loved it, it lacks features but for some those extra features are not worth the extra dough, i had good range with it and was pretty happy with its filtering.

Experienced

Thanks for telling us about your experiances with the 940. I just purchased one about two weeks ago but haven't had any experiances with Leos to test out the performance.

Newcomer

No problem. This is a great forum, but only concentrates on the top 3. It's nice to hear about some mid range models as well.

So far, this v940 has shown me that it has top notch performance.

I just hardwired it in and raised it up to the left of the RVM. We'll see next week how it performs.

Ive always had good luck with Bel. I owned the original Vector back in the late 80's, and a 966W in the 90's. Both saved my butt countless times. I'm certain this v940 will do the same.

Speed Demon

You owned the 966W eh? In the early 90s, there weren't forums like these to get info on so I read the RD review in Car & Truck or Motor Performance and at that time they rated the 966W among the best.

I got the 956W which was second line performance. It served me well on X/K 8) , since it supported all Ka bands and it's filtering wasn't quite as good it detected other RDs more than LEOs :roll: . I rarely ran into real Ka with it, Ka was not as prevalent then either.

Professional

I remember one great save with my 940, i just pulled out of a neighborhood onto a wide 4 lane road with the PSL of 40 and everyone went like 50. but anyways i pull out and am preparing to put the pedal to the medal and suddenly Ka and i loved the voice feature... but anyways i get a hit and im driving along and the LEO is at the top of this hill(he already had someone) but i think it was like .9mi over a hill

Old Timer

Default laserhead

Laserhead, I have heard of that person who got Popped off of I-94. I just got hit w/ POP the other day for the 1rst time over here.