Default v895 possibly confused or something?

So I've had my Beltronics Vector 895 for about a week now. I can always rely on it to go off when I pass certain sections with lots of radar (such as stores and theatres). I get two reads on my way to work (14 miles away). One X-band alert (3 bars) while passing under and overpass while on the interstate. And one K-band alert (2 bars) while getting off the off-ramp.

However, while getting off that same off-ramp one morning, I passed a Sheriff. No alert. So I thought, "Maybe he has his radar off..."

Then I was behind a squad car from another city and when the light turned green, I got a POP reading. I was like, "SWEET!"

The next day - yesterday - I was stopped as an ambulance pulled out of a fire station. "Huh... Odd," I thought. No alert.

Then this morning, there was an officer pulling over a speeding vehicle on the interstate. No alert. So I assume he just turned it off while he was busy with that guy.

Also. I get K-band alerts at 2 bars randomly while passing through the same route that I travel everyday (consists of 4 miles of city, 10 miles of interstate).

I've also encountered one random POP alert, but no radar source was in site. Just a few small suites for health care offices and some apartment buildings.

Well as far as the ambulance goes, unless they have Safety Radar on the Ambulance you won't get any alert to them. As far as the LEO pulling over a speeder and not getting any alert, he could have been using instant on so at the time you passed him his radar was in HOLD mode, thus not transmitting a signal.

As far as the 2 bar K band it could be anything such as a garage door opener, an automatic door, a cheap RD etc.

sounds normal.

Old Timer
    Great Lakes

Default X2