Default RX65 Mounting - Laser

All the threads and radar/laser test websites including 'Radar Roys' recommend mounting the detector low for laser threats. However, on the Valentine one site it is recommended that the detector be mounted high! Confused :shock:

Yoda of Radar

The V1 is extremely sensative to laser, so by mounting high, it allows the V1 to be clear of a lot of hood-glare, which on sunny days could cause the V1 to false, or simply miss a real laser-alert... and being high doesnt much effect the V1 because it is so sensative to laser.

The Belscorts (RX65 especially), aren't as good on laser, so by mounting low... it gives them the best chance of picking up the laser as it is hitting you LP or Headlights.

To be honest, any detector alone is not enough for laser, 99% of the time it will be a ticket alert... so worry about radar.

Professional

Do I smell a laser jammer in your future?

Actually Airmoore is right I am just here to back her statements up.

Ace_Racer

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    To be honest, any detector alone is not enough for laser, 99% of the time it will be a ticket alert... so worry about radar.
    x2. The 2 times I've been hit with laser by time the RD finished its minimum 3 second alert, they already had my speed. Of course I was within about 500 ft too. Time for the laser jammer and veil 8)

Professional

hahaha well actually it could save you from a ticket. today my X50 picked up laser at at about 1200ft and i was going 15 over and listened in on my friends scanner (got rid of mine) and the LEO shooting called me out at 987ft going 51 (in a 45) well there was a left turn lane into a neighborhood, so i quickly got in the left lane and pulled a U turn and took the long road home. so even though i got lucky that they picked a bad place to shoot laser i still managed to get away. O by the way after i made the U turn the officer said "drop the green car"

Radar Fanatic

Wow xXCriticizeXx!!

Stealthcb

Yeah, you can get lucky with laser, but not usually. I lucked out today and got scatter off a Sentra that was directly between the cop and me. I dropped from 7 over to 3 over by the time I passed the Sentra and the cop shot me. DANG that was close, but that Sentra (who was going under the limit...cop should have ignored him) saved my arse.

Professional

So wouldn't mid high on the windshield give you the best of both worlds?

Professional

Mount it high...

Get a jammer or you will have a ticket alerter. I have not had the chance to see my STI against Lidar, but X50 picks up scatter all the time.

I need the jammer for use in the city. Cant wait to see the faces on the LEO when all they see is blank in their screen.