Professional

Default Got my RX65 today!!

Well ups delivered it today.Once i got it all set and mounted i went on a lil drive to test it out.First i drove to the local Super Walmart to see if i would get any falses and got none.Hmm i said "did i get a bad unit i thought"?So i continued on my drive and hit the highway.One i got close to the town area i got "x" and "K" alerts.So i exited the highway and headed for the main drag where all the department stores are.Traveling in that area i got "k"band alerts.Turned around and headed back for the highway to return home.I got a low "x" band alert as a state trooper passed me for about a sec and that was it.The rx65 stayed quiet for the most part.I have it setup with
    x-on
    k-on
    ka-usa
    laser-on
    pop-off
    sws-off
    ku-off

Radar Fanatic

The best way to learn from a radar detector is to use it first hand. When I first got my rx65 I kept second guessing it and thinking I got a bad unit. There was a lot of times I would pass a cop and it would emit 1 bar Ka band if even that. About 3/4ths of the cops I drive by don't have any radar on at all, unless their car is stopped and they are obviously sitting there with a radar gun. A cop driving by, typically doesn't.

So I was worried that I wasn't getting signals properly, but the more I use my rd the more I realise that it is working right. When a cop is shooting people with a radar gun I do get a good signal for a good distance 90% of the time. I just learned how to use my rd a bit better, and realised that it helps show me what are threats and what are not. If you are driving normally with traffic then every cop out there should not be a threat, only some cops.

I'm sure after you use your RD for over 3 months you will have a good feel for it and realise it is working right.

Professional

I just appreciate the fact that it doesn't go off all the time with various falses like some of the other units on the market.I've got two more hour long trips coming up on the open highway,so i'll see how it does..

Professional

Today i got my first Ka alert while leaving the cingular wireles parking lot.At first it was a "K" band alert,then it switched to "ka".About 2 seconds later a NYST in a Chevy Tahoe passes right infront of me.