Thread: Noob Question

Default Noob Question

Sorry for the question, but I don't know anything about RD's at all. I just bought a new Truck with a Navagation system built in ( Honda Ridgeline RTL). I was in the process or Hardwiring my RD, When i put my RD infront of the Navagation screen (directly infront of screen, not above it or anything), my STI (bought the STI because i live in Virginia, and want to try and mount it stealthy) would start screaming laser, if i turned the STI around (where the back sensor would be facing the navagation screen) nothing would happen. My question is, Does my RD need to go in for repair?

Also, the Blue tint on front windshield that comes stock, does that effect the RD's performance. I did a search so that I that i wouldnt look like a complete idiot for asking questions over n over again, and found that metallic tint hurts RD's, just didnt know about that blue (tint, film, or whatever it is) on top of windshield.

any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Troy.

There are has been times where a Navi. can set off the RD and give it a laser alert. If your going to hardwire it (recommend) put it up high.

Old Timer

Default reset

Reset the unit and try again.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Noob Question

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerBadger
    Sorry for the question, but I don't know anything about RD's at all. I just bought a new Truck with a Navagation system built in ( Honda Ridgeline RTL). I was in the process or Hardwiring my RD, When i put my RD infront of the Navagation screen (directly infront of screen, not above it or anything), my STI (bought the STI because i live in Virginia, and want to try and mount it stealthy) would start screaming laser, if i turned the STI around (where the back sensor would be facing the navagation screen) nothing would happen. My question is, Does my RD need to go in for repair?

Also, the Blue tint on front windshield that comes stock, does that effect the RD's performance. I did a search so that I that i wouldnt look like a complete idiot for asking questions over n over again, and found that metallic tint hurts RD's, just didnt know about that blue (tint, film, or whatever it is) on top of windshield.

any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Troy.
    As you cannot change the truck (very good beast :wink: ) or the location of the navigation system, you have to find a different spot for your STI... mine (STI, as I lived in Ontario) is by the sun visor with a visor clip, hardwired with a Direct Wire Cord ($10 from Roy, visor clip $4) as I did not like the Wire (with led lights) it came with, also use a regular CD organizor (from any Wal-Mart store) or the case Roy has got it on his website... see if mounted by the sun visor still gives you laser falses, and we will take it from there... STI is a very good product, using it for 2 months now, very happy with it, very good on Ka... I have the latest A4M9 rev... best of luck and drive safely :wink:

Radar Fanatic

The blue tint is most likely not matalic, so it will not effect your rd detection, but it will most likely effect your laser detection. I suggest you check if laser is used in your state, and if it isn't then turn laser off. That way your sti will not scream at you. After all, laser detection is slim to none behind blue tint anyways.