Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I just got an RX 65 but its not that loud

its the rev # 6.1
    and the volume is all the way up, how loud is it supposed to be? i've read that its supposed to be very loud but i have up all the way, i can hear it yes but its not loud

Professional

I just recieved mine a week ago now,and i have the automute turned off and it's loud enough for my ears..

yea its loud enought so that i can hear it but it doesn't seem as loud as some people hear are saying it is.

another question, i'm getting a lot of k band warnings but no cop in sight. and most times it beeps for K and shows one bar of strength and the nquickly goes away. is this normal?

Newcomer

Mine is plenty loud.. usually I have it turned up only half way, unless I have the music going loud..

Where do you have it mounted? I have mine hardwired top left above the rear view mirror..

mine is mounted in the middle of the windshield a litte above eye level

Radar Fanatic

Yes those small K band "blips" are caused my automatic doors and some security systems. It is perfectly normal. You can try adjusting the detector to city mode to help lower the sensitivity but rember that the detection of real threats will also be lowered. After a while you will learn all the normal falses on your route. About the volume i'm sure it is normal. Wait till you get hit with instant-on or laser; likely you will piss yourself. Also have you had a strong alert yet. The alerts get louder the stronger they are. Anyway congrats on getting what in my mind it the greatest RD in the world.

oh i actually might have had a full alert but i'm not too sure if i remember how loud it was.

but one more thing my girlfriend got this for my birthday but she bought it from amazon.com but not at the full retail price, and i have become increasingly worried that it might be a bad detector. And if this was true i'd feel incredibly bad. but i'm also a very paranoid person.

Newcomer

I don't think you have to worry about it, rev. 6.1 is the latest, and the RX65 is one of the top 3 RD's you can own...

yes the last four serial numbers were 3506 and was told that the 35 meant the week it was made and the 06 meant the year, is this infact true?

Newcomer

I believe that's correct