Default Beltronics Pro RX65 Question

I was just wondering if my Beltronics Rx65 was performing right when i come up on a store that gives me false alerts it dont alert me until i get right up on the store i had the Beltronics Rx65 in the center of the windshield im just wondering if this is normal i was also wondering if my radar detector is in the right spot should i move it down like radar roy suggest or move it up like radartest suggest dont know what to do thanks

Good Citizen
    Little Elm, TX

Im sure it's working just fine. I have a V1 and RX65. Both are awesome detectors. My V1 goes off all he time on all signals it receives. My 65 is a lot more quiet and does not false on many of the alerts my V1 does but when I do get a real alert it goes crazy. At first I thought there was something wrong but that's where I was wrong.
    The RX65 is very quiet. You just need to get used to it.
    By the way, mount it high if you can.........

Stick with the RX65.Like Cdilln said it's filtering is one of the best,and you just have to get used to it as i did.One thing i don' tlike is alot of falsing which is one of the reasons i went with the RX65..Nice and quiet until it sniffs out a real threat.

i think he's asking about how the range of the false warnings is very short, not the fact that he gets fase alarms

yes vandaleigh that is what i was trying to ask is why the range of the false warnings is very short, not when i get false alarms sorry i should have been more specific thanks

Radar Fanatic
    Wouldn't u like to know

The signals from automatics doors and such are much weaker then those the police radar have.

British Columbia, Canada

The reason the range on the falses is short, is because the source of the falses is a very weak low powered signal to begin with..
    Think of it this way, the LEO's use something that is like a floodlight in a stadium, and the falses is like having a small flashlight with a single AA battery. The floodlight you can see from very far away,, but the flashlight you have to be up close