Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default bell rx 65 pro range

i just bought new rx65 and the range on it contrary to all reviews is pathetic. it detects k band devices like hose that ell you: your speed is... from maybe 300 feet.
    kaband police radar ont the straight stretch of highway from no more than 500 feet (you actually see the cap first) and only in auto mode if i switch it to highway mode my detector went off when i was next to the police car on the highway

you guys have any inut on this?

Radar Fanatic

Firstly, give us some info on what vehicle the detector is being used in and how it's mounted.

Where did you buy the detector?

Have you seen "Self Cal" or "Service Required" on the screen?

Newcomer

Default rx65 pro

thnx for replying! i am new to this!
    rx65 is now in chevy blazer and it is monted high on tthe windshield - just below the darkened part. i had it monted in the middle as well.
    when in autoscan it givesme abot 3-5 seconds to rea but i had it in highway mode yesterday for testing and it went off when i drove next to the cap parked on the no U trurn area on the highway.
    i am not sure what is the normal warning time/distance and if i should return it for repair or exchange.
    also - do caps use x band in new york?

Newcomer

Default rx65 pro range

i have not seen any messages.
    the devie is brand new and i bought it at the store in ny.
    it has belltronics warranty.
    it is 3 weeks old. used on two trips.
    don't get me wrong it detets all bands - it even spotet some ku signal (i thought it was not used in us yet0 it is just the range. if i "aidentally" got over the speed limit how will i be able to slow down in 3 or 5 seonds?
    any suggestions from all of you more experiened witht his are greatly appreiated.

Radar Fanatic

New York is listed as still using some X band, so you need to keep it turned on.

A couple things to consider:

The detector needs to be pretty close to level and have a clear view of the road ahead.

If your vehicle has a windshield with Electriclear or Instaclear defrosting, a windshield mounted detector will be completely ineffective.
    More info here:
    http://www.valentine1.com/lab/Previously6.asp

What bands are you being alerted to when you *do* get an alert, and how strong is the signal showing?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: rx65 pro range

Quote Originally Posted by mimo
    don't get me wrong it detets all bands - it even spotet some ku signal (i thought it was not used in us yet0 it is just the range. if i "aidentally" got over the speed limit how will i be able to slow down in 3 or 5 seonds?
    any suggestions from all of you more experiened witht his are greatly appreiated.
    What particular store did you buy it from?

Ku band actually isn't in use in the US, it should be turned off. The Ku alerts that you are getting are mostly from satellite dishes and other junk sources. There are ZERO Ku band guns in use in the USA.

that happened with me with my RX65 that i bought from amazon, er that my girlfriend bought rather, and we just returned it. and now i'm thinking about the STi from roy since she's buying it.

Radar Fanatic

Looks like you got a bad one. Return it before the return period expires. Try buying another one somewhere else, from a different lot, such as Radar Roy!

GTO_04

Speed Demon

Default Re: rx65 pro range

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    Quote Originally Posted by mimo
    What particular store did you buy it from?

Ku band actually isn't in use in the US, it should be turned off. The Ku alerts that you are getting are mostly from satellite dishes and other junk sources. There are ZERO Ku band guns in use in the USA.

I'm thinking Ebay. Taking all bets.

Get a V995 and save some $$$. The V995 and the RX65 are pretty much the same expect the RX65 has a few more options but the performance is the same basically. The V995's looks to be alot more reliable then the RX65's also since the rx65's get more "Service Required" and get returned alot more then the V995. I have the V995 and I love it.