Good Citizen

Default German bands?? I have the RX65

Hey, I brought my RX65 to Germany, customs let me through with it, and a telescoping baton (illegal, smallest size) but they took my peanut butter.... :-)

Anyway, I hooked this up, and it will not detect the blitzers (speed cameras, on posts on the side of the road)

Any ideas?

KU, X, K, Ka, POP, SWS are all enabled.. I switched Ka from USA to Intl

Josh

Yoda of Radar

They are likely using induction loops in the pavement. Or perhaps hoses on the pavement if you run things over.

Good Citizen

It has a built in Radar gun or something.. One lens is orange, the other is semi clear or so...

Ill see if I can snap a few photos, or wait, google will be my friend..

Thats what they look like... I am not sure what freq they use though...

Newcomer

you can switch of POP, SWS ... if you can limit Ka to Narrow it detects better.

In germany they also use a so called 'Lichtschranke' or Optospeed, which works with light and shadow reflection, no radar so not detectable. but ... with a PMR transmitter on 434,800 or 434,700MHz you can block the datatransmission between the Optospeed and the processing unit in the coppers car

laser is normally used only from the front, and they have to have a picture of you as driver so they can fine the driver.

A GPS with poi's of speedcamera's is illegal in germany ... but if you don't define them as speedcams no-one can do you anything ... check www.radarfalle.de as well (also a great forum, mainly in german)

One more thing, if you get a fine, try to stall the process by blaiming your vage-late-late-late-cousin from Zimbabwe or so (SIC) because if they cannot charge you within 3 months they have to let the fine go!!!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Acecool
    It has a built in Radar gun or something.. One lens is orange, the other is semi clear or so...

Ill see if I can snap a few photos, or wait, google will be my friend..

Thats what they look like... I am not sure what freq they use though...
    They work with induction loops, 1 is for the camera and the other is for the flashlight.

No detection with a radardetector.

Newcomer

You need only K and Ka in Germany. Be carefull, the RX65 performs very bad at Ka-Photoradar.

Good Citizen

Maybe I will get a tomtom and install the update that shows over 16,000 blitzers and speed cameras in Germany with a warning...

Or just buy the GPS blitzer thingy, same 16,000 cameras for 149 Euros...

Good Citizen

They mainly use K band radar, Ka band radar (Multanova 34.36 ghz) en the optospeed/lichtschranke) en the camera's with induction loops.

also on the highway they use fixed Ka band radars.

otherwise have a look at www.radarfalle.de