Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Just bought my 995

Hey Guys. This is my first post on here. I just received my 995 from Roy along with a Whisler Pro 73 for the girl. I've been on here for awaile reading up so I made sure I got a good product. Def. alot of good info here. Looking forward to hopefully adding to the knowledge on here.

Radar Fanatic

Welcome to the board, and its good to see another michigan resident around.

Congrats on getting 2 solid detectors. Let us know if you have any problems or stories!!

Do you plan on doing hardwires? Or just CIGGY adpater them both?

Newcomer

Plannin on hardwiring both. I bought the smartcord hardwire for mine and hers came with the harwire kit. I'll def post some save stories when the start.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by oaklandmrt
    Plannin on hardwiring both. I bought the smartcord hardwire for mine and hers came with the harwire kit. I'll def post some save stories when the start.
    and hopefully no "not saved" stories

Newcomer

I had Beltronics Target 550 which is the EU version of the 995
    During three years this self cal was a nightmare until the other day when something went wrong with this self cal and now the unit is dead - it gives the error message after start. Over 500 dollars wasted - as it's out of warranty - noobody can help me out - at Beltronics europe they call it: 'unrepairable'.
    So fed up with self- whatever they call the fancy high tech units feature - and looking for something reliable amongst other brands.
    I will soon put a video link so that everybody can see what happens to a high end Beltronics unit when it goes wrong...because they do go wrong
    I really hope you'll be luckier than I was...

Newcomer

Thanks for the warm welcome all...I've got it set up as stated below. For MI, I figured this would be sutabale...some places that have the "Your speed is" trailers, i've come across a couple that are still on X band...this is why I figured City LoX would be sutabale.

Old Timer

Default welcome

Welcome to the board oaklandmrt. I see you are in Metamora, MI. Alpinestars and I were in Flint, MI last Saturday. That looks to be not too far from you. Nice to see another fellow Michigander on here.

Radar Fanatic

Welcome and nice RD Enjoy 8)
    RR

Newcomer

Default Re: welcome

Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember
    Welcome to the board oaklandmrt. I see you are in Metamora, MI. Alpinestars and I were in Flint, MI last Saturday. That looks to be not too far from you. Nice to see another fellow Michigander on here.
    Yea Flint is about a half hour west of me...my gf lives in Davison which is about 10 minutes from Flint and I'm there more than I am at home. Maybe we will all have to get together some time for some food or somethin.

Old Timer

Default rd

I see your in your signature oaklandmrt, that it states you have VG-2 off. I thought the Bel V995 already had VG-2 immunity. I didn't think there was a way of turning the VG-2 on/off.