Professional

Default Bel 945 review...I don't believe

I found this tonight and I don't believe what they said. Can anyone prove me wrong? It says.....

"provides complete immunity to the interceptor VG-2 or any other radar detector detector (RDD). "

The STI is the only one that I know of that can defeat the spectre.

Is the 945 new? never heard of it.

Here is the link to the review

http://www.cardomain.com/item/BELV945

Newcomer

The manual only lists VG-2 immunity. But to answer your other question, no, it's not new. I'm not sure exactly when it came out, but it isn't new. The V995, 965, and 945 were part of the same Vector family when released, hardware was roughly the same, just less features on the 965 and 945 as opposed to the 995.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Telkar
    The manual only lists VG-2 immunity. But to answer your other question, no, it's not new. I'm not sure exactly when it came out, but it isn't new. The V995, 965, and 945 were part of the same Vector family when released, hardware was roughly the same, just less features on the 965 and 945 as opposed to the 995.
    Who sells the 945? Where did you get yours? I know that bel makes rds for certain companies. For instance, the 965 is the same as the 895 (without the case)

Newcomer

Well, to be honest, the place (and I hate to say this) to find a good deal on one is Ebay. You can get them new in box, for a decent price there. Just over $100 shipped is what you should expect. I wouldn't buy one from a seller that didn't have over 700 positive feedback though, just to be sure. Retails for $199, but most stores sold them at wholesale when the "new" V9xx model series came out, even though the only real change was the case style. Note that the V945 does not have POP detection like the 995, but from my view POP detection is pretty useless and really hit and miss on even on the newest RD's anyway. It doesn't have Ku, though that cardomain listing showed it did (only the 995 had Ku from that series)

You can check out the actual manual in the beltronics.com service section if you'd like.

Professional

It's not immune to the Spectre.

Like Telkar said, it's not new and is the same as the other vector 9X5 series, this just doesn't have some of the options.

And I got mine from fleebay as well for right at $100 over a year ago. Right after I got it, they took it off the Beltronics website and started advertising the Vector 940 I believe.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Bel 945 review...I don't believe

Quote Originally Posted by asianfire
    I found this tonight and I don't believe what they said. Can anyone prove me wrong? It says.....

"provides complete immunity to the interceptor VG-2 or any other radar detector detector (RDD). "

The STI is the only one that I know of that can defeat the spectre.

Is the 945 new? never heard of it.

Here is the link to the review

http://www.cardomain.com/item/BELV945
    That sounds like wording from a BEL ad for their 900 series RDs before the Spectre came out. Where did you see this ad? It looks like they just took the copy from an older BEL ad, or maybe a page from their website before Spectre was on the market. I know the BEL page for my 985 said the same thing. So at the time, it was correct, but it is not totally correct today.

GTO_04

Professional

Oh ok, perhaps it is an old statement, they need to take that down.