View Poll Results: what mode do you use?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • autoscan

6 23.08%
  • highway

17 65.38%
  • city

3 11.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bel owners

Newcomer

Default bel owners

what mode do you use? I'm asking because I've used autoscan since I've got it, and I'm worried about the sensitivity on it. today while at work I noticed a cop sitting in the parking lot across the street from me. since my job is slow and boring (video store) I went to my car to turn my RD on just to see if he was using radar. it took about 3-4 seconds for it to react after I turned it on to the cops ka band. btw, I'm using a bel rx55, and now I have it on highway mode.

Speed Demon

I had an rx55 and I found it to be shortsighted especially on KA band. I sold it on ebay and got an x50. It also falsed a lot more. There is a reason why it is $100 less than the rx65.

Newcomer

well....this has nothing to do with range, but reaction time. I've found the range on my rx55 to be quite good, especially considering it is a lot cheaper than the rx65

Speed Demon

Yea, I probably mispoke. It was not bad range, but I got a couple close calls and I have found the range better on the x50. My x50 has that same delay when you first turn it on. It must go through a 3 or 4 second internal diagnostics or something, then it is fine.

Newcomer

I probably will upgrade soon to an x50 or an rx55. is the range noticably different on the x50?

Speed Demon

I think the range is better, but I read a thread JammerTests did on the x50 not always responding when radar was "quick triggered". It was interesting and made me think about upgrading to a V1. I think the x50 is great, but I had a V1 and sent it back before I had the x50. (about a year ago) and I think the range was better on it. I just did not do enough driving to justify the cost, but now I am reconsidering. I have moved to a smaller town and I do more interstate driving to get places. Most of the NC state patrol have gone to KA, but there are still a few old x band units on the road. That was a long answer when yes would have sufficed, but I feel the need to explain why I bought the x50 to begin with.

Good Citizen

Default Highway and City, not Autoscan

I don't like to use Autoscan. It seems to me that it is too restrictive for highway driving and too lenient for city.

I just keep mine on city with X band disabled (city only) and switch to Highway when I venture out of ELP.

Advanced Member

Driving on the Interstates in the USA I use Highway Mode with X left on.
    In town etc, use Autoscan.

Good Citizen

Default Re: Highway and City, not Autoscan

Quote Originally Posted by The Walt
    I don't like to use Autoscan. It seems to me that it is too restrictive for highway driving and too lenient for city.

I just keep mine on city with X band disabled (city only) and switch to Highway when I venture out of ELP.
    Exactly what I do.

Lead Foot

Believe it or not I have mine set to HWY 24/7. Especially when I have it tucked low in VA. BWY, NC still has a lot of X-band radar guns out there so be careful disabling X.