Newcomer

Default North Carolina RX-65 Setup

Does anyone have recommendations for an RX-65 setup in North Carolina?? also, should i use POP?

thnx

Power User

Put Ka in USA mode.

Speed Demon

and POP off and x,k,ka and laser on. SWS off

Newcomer

Does it matter if i use Autoscan or Highway??

Power User

I suggest highway.

Hey Sandman, I'm up in Cherry Point and I just got an RX65 so I'm in the same boat you're in.

I heard the Stateys are notorious for using VASCAR for speed traps a lot especially on the country roads/highways so watch out for that. No defense against that other than eagle eyes

Some local PDs still use X band so I'd keep it on. Other than that, the usual: Ka USA Mode, K, and Laser all on. Like glock said, SWS isn't even enacted in NC so I'd keep it off to prevent falses. Although, I'm a bit paranoid so I'm keeping POP on. I can stand a couple falses if it means I catch one true POP radar blast.

And Highway for the highest sensitivity...

BTW Glock, noticed you sold your RX and got an 8500... Any reasons?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Piromaneak
    Hey Sandman, I'm up in Cherry Point and I just got an RX65 so I'm in the same boat you're in.

I heard the Stateys are notorious for using VASCAR for speed traps a lot especially on the country roads/highways so watch out for that. No defense against that other than eagle eyes

Some local PDs still use X band so I'd keep it on. Other than that, the usual: Ka USA Mode, K, and Laser all on. Like glock said, SWS isn't even enacted in NC so I'd keep it off to prevent falses. Although, I'm a bit paranoid so I'm keeping POP on. I can stand a couple falses if it means I catch one true POP radar blast.

And Highway for the highest sensitivity...

BTW Glock, noticed you sold your RX and got an 8500... Any reasons?
    I bought the rx65 from a guy who had a service required message for $60 and had it repaired and sold it for $185 making a little money. It was a great detector, but I am waiting for the GOL testing to be done and I will purchase something to keep after that. I bought the 8500 to hold me over in the meantime for $140 on fleabay. It was a very good detector, I just think I am going for a v-1 or 9500 in the next month or two.

Lead Foot

I wouldn't turn pop off in NC. The MPH BEE III has been approved for use with State Troopers by the Institute of Government. Whether any are actually in place now is hard to say, but it's very likely we'll have them very soon. Also, please know that at any given time 40 to 60% of the troopers at any given time will be running VASCAR or its TRACKER, which is replacing VASCAR here. In some patrol districts, especially those with older Sergants who remember it from its heyday in the '70's, they'll run VASCAR in 90% of their cars. City cops have gotten into the revenue generating game speeding tickets bring and they run a lot of K and Ka band.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Piromaneak
    A good CB will help you!!!!! VASCAR or not