Default used bel sti for half price

I know a guy, who knows a guy, that has Bel STi he might be willing to part with for like US$225. Based on the serial number it's been manufactured in 40th week in 2006. That's all I know plus I have few pictures.

Should I buy it now or spend $450 to get a new one, when I have money?

===============================================

Lead Foot

Default Re: used bel sti for half price

Quote Originally Posted by CountryGuy
    I know a guy, who knows a guy, that has Bel STi he might be willing to part with for like US$225. Based on the serial number it's been manufactured in 40th week in 2006. That's all I know plus I have few pictures.

Should I buy it now or spend $450 to get a new one, when I have money?
    buy it and if it doesnt work well spend another $85 to send it to bel for a calibration/firmware update. bels warranty is worthless anyway..they wont even honor my warranty for my new unit bought from amazon.

Default Re: used bel sti for half price

Quote Originally Posted by Zurk
    buy it and if it doesnt work well spend another $85 to send it to bel for a calibration/firmware update. bels warranty is worthless anyway..they wont even honor my warranty for my new unit bought from amazon.
    Thanks. This is a good idea. I think I'll go this route.

Old Timer

Default check

You may be getting the A3M8 revision so check into this. You will probably want the A4M9 revision which is much newer. Not a bad price though and welcome to the board.

Default Re: check

Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember
    You may be getting the A3M8 revision so check into this. You will probably want the A4M9 revision which is much newer. Not a bad price though and welcome to the board.
    Thanks for the advice. In case I need to update the firmware, should I send it to Beltronics to get this done properly or there is DIY guide?

Radar Fanatic

All upgrades are thru the factory for now.

Looks like it has the latest firmware: A4M9

I am buying it right now Thanks guys.