Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default no sound X on RX65

I found out today my RX65 does not alert on city mode to X band unless its a full alert. But if i set it to highway mode it alerts fine. I did not find anything about it in the manual. and no city is not changed its at factory defalt. Does anyone else have the same problem or heard of it?

Newcomer

I believe I'm seeing the same thing with my RX65. I get the bar graph but no tone on X band in city mode. I just got it the other day so I need to do some more driving with it.

Good Citizen

It seems to be quite till it gets to 5 on the scale then it warns you. in highway it warns u all the time. thats what i have found out playing with it. Mine is a version 6.1 Try running in city and see how it works. Mine I think works better on Ka in city than it does in any other mode. Aoutoscann sucks.

Experienced

mine does the same thing; kinda nice actually

I kept mine in autoscan today and got less falses; driving around in highway was driving me crazy. They really should have put an option in there to set how long it takes for the unit to automute. as its set it takes a bit too long to quiet down so it becomes annoying fast.

Good Citizen

Might be normal. My V940 (older all black) does the same thing, but it tells you of this in its manual. I just purchased an RX65 (the trade-up program was too good to pass up), but have not had a chance to test it. I'll admit either the X band stinks or it filters much better than my V940. Example I know of an X-Bad door opener (Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store) and my V940 alarmed much sooner (about 3 times further) than my new RX65. I left it on HWY mode and got almost no falses...(Dallas area). I will try next week the City mode and see what happens on my X band warnings. Did you adjust any other X band settings such as X Lo or anything?

On my V940 the Autoscan was much less sensitive than "HWY" or "City X" (this is a setting on the V940). Is this the same with the RX65?

Newcomer

I parked next to a X band source today (local drive through) and had 4 bars lit but no tone in regular city mode. When I changed to Highway or Auto I got the tone. I'll drive back down there later today and get closer to the source to see if I can get a tone with 5 or more bars showing in city mode.

Lead Foot

Default Re: no sound X on RX65

Quote Originally Posted by milkman-n8-2
    I found out today my RX65 does not alert on city mode to X band unless its a full alert. But if i set it to highway mode it alerts fine. I did not find anything about it in the manual. and no city is not changed its at factory defalt. Does anyone else have the same problem or heard of it?
    This isn't a "problem", this is normal for the RX65. When you select City mode you are selecting a mode that restricts Audio alerts until the signal strength is extemely strong, that's why it suddenly gives a full Audio alert. City mode is designed to eliminate X band door alerts, as most of these will be at such an extreme angle to the detector that the signal strength won't be enough to cause an audio alert, sometimes these sources are strong enough to break through and you get the full X band audio alert. If you don't mind muting these annoying door opener alerts then use Highway.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by kingsman20
    I parked next to a X band source today (local drive through) and had 4 bars lit but no tone in regular city mode. When I changed to Highway or Auto I got the tone. I'll drive back down there later today and get closer to the source to see if I can get a tone with 5 or more bars showing in city mode.
    you can hit it while its showing and itll do it; then go back to auto or city and it'll go away.

Newcomer

Went back and got closer to the signal and got a tone at the 5th bar while in city mode so I guess it's working as it should. Like the other poster stated, I didn't see anything in the manuel about this feature either.