Thread: RX-65 KU test

Newcomer

Default RX-65 KU test

The speed test equipments are almost Europe system in Taiwan Police. We tested the performance. The receive distance is about 1 Km -1.5Km distance at X Band Good.

But, at Europe GATSO 24.150GHz (K Band) and GATSO 13.400 - 13.500 GHz (Ku Band) the performance are no good.
    The RX65 will be disturb by Mobile phone.
    When I pick up Mobile phone , it will show Ku and Ka Band.
    The frequency of Mobile phone (GSM) in Taiwan is 900Mhz /1800Mhz .
    Why the RX 65 will be disturb by Mobile phone?Photo the back of a car. The taking pictures of the back is to just react after passing.( 0-20 metres.) Ku Band / K Band RX-65
    The speed limit of high way is 60MPH in Taiwan , but the most of people drive over than ( 80MPH / 130-170Km ) . There's not enough reaction time to slow down.
    X Band test is Ok .( 1km-1.5Km.)
    That is that front takes photo system . (Less than 100 metres.) Ku Band / K Band RX-65
    The taking photo system of the back is to just react after passing.( 0-20 metres.) Ku band / K Band RX-65
    The performance of Ku Band/ K band photo system is very bad.

Lead Foot

If you are sure that there is no Ka band radar around then I would try experimenting with the "Ka USA" setting instead of "Ka International." It may help with detecting the other bands some. Otherwise, you may have to look at another detector. You could also use cruise control with your foot over the break pedal to minimize the amount of time it takes you to repond to an alert. This method sucks as I use to use it against laser guns on my sports car with retractable headlights along with a black bra and black foglight covers. Now that I have laser jammers, I no longer do this.

Power User

i love my cruise control...somtimes i just doze off and wake up when I am there....

Experienced

Hi petersliu, welcome to the board!

Well, it seems that they are using european style radars there. In this case you should find useful infos here: http://www.radardetector.net/Radar-d...-EU.-2165t.php
    Test of K-band from rear is done, more info coming soon (I hope that on Monday).

About mobile phones: the possibility of false alert is depends on the type of your phone. Some of them hasn't any shields and they should cause false alerts. It is very similar side effect as before you get a call you could hear a special kind of frequency-signal from your radio or amplifier. It isn't a problem of all other equipments, it is a problem of some mobile phones I think.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by stalker
    i love my cruise control...somtimes i just doze off and wake up when I am there....
    Gee I thought I was the only one who did that