Default Alt pwr source for RX65

I'm thinking about crimping a RJ11 to run power a short distance from a dome light 12v power source to my RX65. On this diagram, is 'R' power, and 'G' ground? That should be all that I need to power the detector, right? TIA

Professional

according to the diagram you are correct

Well then, I guess the next question would be, "Does that diagram apply to the Beltronics RX65?" Thanks for your input. 8)

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by nwsi07
    Well then, I guess the next question would be, "Does that diagram apply to the Beltronics RX65?" Thanks for your input. 8)
    Oh sorry mate, I thought you already knew. Yea it is same as the Passport when it comes to the power. Run it the same way.

Thanks!

Newcomer

yep R power, G ground. i have my rx65 hardwired to the euroswitch in my passat.

Lead Foot

the dome light power source does not cut off with the ignition. its much more convenient to have the rd auto start/stop with the car.

Experienced

I found out by accident that the rx65 won't explode or let out the magic smoke if you accidently wire up the + and - backwards.

I had picked up a phone cord and did not notice it was a crossover instead of a straight through. the straight part worked fine but the other end would not power the unit up; upon closer inspection i reaized what I had done and was horrified.

but lucky for us bel knew this may happen and put some freakin diodes in there :P Now if only more mobile electronics manuf. would do that