Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default FREAKED! RX-65 gave no warning as I got a laser ticket :(

In the car with my girlfriend in Montgomery County, Maryland. Detector does *not* go off. (verified by girlfriend) Montgoco officer steps into the street and pulls me over. I thought it was a ped and honked at him before realizing... he didn't like that.

Now I'm worried my RX-65 is broken! It seems to be operating normally. I was/am in Autoscan with all bands enabled. I haven't noticed anything unusual, any loss of sensitivity or any less chirpiness.

62 in a 35 Cop didn't write it down even 1mph. I've had it maybe 18 months, def out of warranty.

Thought about trading it in for an STI, but doesn't seem to be much point, RX-65 is still supposed to be a good detector - except for mine?

What should I do next? I guess pay for calibration... I dunno. Ideas?

p.s. It's mounted low-ish on the windshield, maybe 6 inches above the dash or so

Default Re: FREAKED! RX-65 gave no warning as I got a laser ticket

ah, you're totally right. i've been reading a bunch and trying to figure out why it didn't go off. that makes sense, it was only a few hundred feet.

def sux sux sux, but at least i know my rx-65 isn't broken.

thanks for the welcome. you'll be seeing me on here

good chart.

but i figure better laser protection isn't all that valuable in the end. it's mostly just alerting you to the fact that you've been had... which you'll find out in a few seconds anyway when you're pulled over.

Do you disagree?

thanks.

Founder of Stealthvation

Do not depend on your radar detector for laser protection especially an RX65. Its laser reception is not good
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Wow, that was fast....

But should you really depend on *any* detector for laser protection? My opinion is no, but if I'm wrong I'd like to know

Advanced Member

You shouldn't depend on any detector against laser. In a direct-hit situation, you're toast unless you're targeted at very long range, or the targeting laser is the Stalker LZ-1 or Laser Atlanta in Stealth Mode...

that's what i figured.

thanks mem-tek for the explanation, and that's gol.

puts my mind at ease at least. i wish a 6 lane road wasn't 35mph!!!

oh well, thanks.

Lead Foot

Even if your detector went off to laser, its just telling you your gonna be getting a ticket.

Radar Detectors for Protecting Against for Radar
    Laser Jammers for Protecting Against Laser